PDA

View Full Version : The Get Down pt2

test

jack020
04-09-2017, 06:03 AM
The series continued with 5 more episodes on april 7,2017 on Netflix.
The Get Down Part 2 Soundtrack [[Episode by Episode) Episode 1

Get Down Brothers Vs Notorious 3 – The Get Down Brothers
Set Me Free – Mylene Cruz
Abba – Money, Money, Money mixed with The Get Down lyrics
Stayin’ Alive – The Bee Gees
Bustin’ Loose – Chuck Brown & The Soul Searchers
Money Money – Joel Grey and Liza Minnelli
Let a Woman Be a Woman – Dyke & the Blazers
September – Earth & Wind & Fire
Keep A Light In My Window – Mylene Cruz & The Soul Madonnas
Fight the Power [[Part 1 & 2) – The Isley Brothers
For the Love of Money – The O’Jays
One Way or Another – Blondie
Impeach the President – The Honey Drippers
Penthouse Floor – John Legend feat Chance the Wrapper
[[Credits) Just You, Not Now [[Love Theme) – Grace

Episode 2

Love Don’t [[Explicit) – Colion
Far Far Away – Misty Holloway [[Pakoussa remix)
Toybox – Misty Holloway
Concrete Reservation – Syl Johnson
Yes Sir, I Can Boogie – Baccara
Ease on Down The Road – Diana Ross
Love to Love You Baby – Donna Summer
You Light Up My Life – Debby Boone
Hum Along and Dance [[Gotta Get Down) – Janelle Monae
Flashing Lights – Dr. Packer
Love Don’t Live Here Anymore – Rose Royce

Episode 3

Break the Locks – Jaden Smith
Ripped Off – Loleatta Holloway
Ghetto Disco [[Norman Jay Edit) – Ted Taylor
Sugarhill Gang Apache [[Jump On It)

Episode 4

Stand-Up, Sitting Down – 2Virgins
Fame – David Bowie
Toybox – Mylene Cruz
Highway Starr Live – Max Magagni
Shaolin’s Theme/Pray – Malay & 6LACK

Episode 5

Rock Steady – Aretha Franklin
Honor – DJ Cassidy Feat. Grace & Lil Yachty
Related To What Chant – The Last Poets
Losing Your Mind – Raury & Jaden Smith
Friends – Bette Midler
Rapper’s Delight – The Sugarhill Gang

sansradio
04-09-2017, 09:27 AM
I just finished bingeing it last night. They outdid themselves this season. I wonder if it'll be renewed; I certainly hope so.

jack020
04-09-2017, 04:16 PM
Just watched episode 2 and noticed Rock Steady was in it so the above list may not be correct

glencro
04-11-2017, 03:38 AM
I have some free time next week so I will be watching then. Can't wait to check out season two.

marv2
04-12-2017, 12:25 PM
I just binged all 5 new episodes. Great, great series that I just wished was longer with more episodes. This series, The Get Down really takes me back to those times. They were slightly off with some things like mentioning "Saturday Night Fever" being a new movie in the Fall of 1978 when it was actually the Winter of '77-78 when it first came out. The scene of them going to see the Wiz was almost exactly what I and my girlfriend at the time did when it opened in October 1978. Just so many real memories for me attached to this show.

sansradio
04-12-2017, 01:04 PM
Any of you eagle-eyes notice the stock footage of the "An Evening with Diana Ross" marquee during one of the Manhattan street sequences? Don't ask me which episode.

Jerry Oz
04-12-2017, 03:19 PM
I watched the first episode [[part 7) last night. I'll be done with the season by tomorrow.

jack020
04-14-2017, 01:28 AM
Any of you eagle-eyes notice the stock footage of the "An Evening with Diana Ross" marquee during one of the Manhattan street sequences? Don't ask me which episode.

I noticed it too! I believe it was in the last episode:)

sansradio
04-14-2017, 05:19 PM

I noticed it too! I believe it was in the last episode:)

Good on you! It was another one of those valiant-stab-but-wrong-year moments; Ross's run at The Palace ended long before '78!

marv2
04-14-2017, 08:20 PM
I have to give it to the producers though. For the most part they were very accurate in representing this era from an Urban viewpoint. The clothes, the hair, heck even the television sets were right on [[no pun intended). The lead character, Zeke had hair just like mine was in 1977-78. His friends reminded me of some of mine and his girlfriend reminded me of my high school sweetheart. Watching it was like looking into a time capsule for me.

sansradio
05-25-2017, 03:40 PM
Bad news, y'all:

http://thegrio.com/2017/05/25/the-get-down-netflix-cancel/

marv2
05-25-2017, 11:50 PM
Bad news, y'all:

http://thegrio.com/2017/05/25/the-get-down-netflix-cancel/

They're full of shit. Fine, I will just cancel my subscription to Netflix. When they ask me why? I am going to proudly tell them it is because they pulled the plug on "The Get Down". They could have assigned another director if the current one is just too busy.

glencro
05-26-2017, 05:08 AM
This really sucks. I loved everything about the series from the clothes, the music, the fashions, the writing and the acting. This is ending waaay too soon.

marv2
05-26-2017, 11:18 AM
This really sucks. I loved everything about the series from the clothes, the music, the fashions, the writing and the acting. This is ending waaay too soon.

They cancel the Get Down, but kept "13 Reasons"? they are full of shit.

jack020
05-31-2017, 07:04 AM
It is probably more to do with the cost of 120 million for the series

marv2
05-31-2017, 11:30 AM
That is partly because they film in NYC. They could take the outside production to Toronto or somewhere to cut costs. In my opinion.

Jerry Oz
05-31-2017, 02:00 PM
If the show's creator is to be believed, he has other things he wants to do as a director and the only way to do the show right is for him to devote up to two years to producing it. Chances are there'd be a drop in creativity or quality if he turned over the reins to someone else. It was a good show and it ended at a pretty good point. Would like to see what happened between then and Zeke's concert in the '90s, though.

marv2
05-31-2017, 07:02 PM

Glen it was almost like watching me in my last 2 years of high school and my freshman year in college. It was so very right on in depicting the times.

marv2
05-31-2017, 07:03 PM
If the show's creator is to be believed, he has other things he wants to do as a director and the only way to do the show right is for him to devote up to two years to producing it. Chances are there'd be a drop in creativity or quality if he turned over the reins to someone else. It was a good show and it ended at a pretty good point. Would like to see what happened between then and Zeke's concert in the '90s, though.

What about Maylee [[sp?) did she become a big star? Did Fat Annie get sent to prison and her asshole son killed on the streets?

Jerry Oz
05-31-2017, 09:31 PM
We know that disco died soon after, so I wonder how high her star rose, as well. And if she found it easier to keep doing Horse after her handler have her that first taste. And did Shaolin get out from under Fat Annie's thumb? And the kid [[Bug?) who got pinched for possession with intent. Lots of loose ends, now that you mention it... I guess we will never find out.

marv2
06-01-2017, 02:45 PM
Here is a picture I found from October 1977 of me with a group of my best friends. We had our own "Get Down" going LOL! I am 3rd from the left:

marv2
06-02-2017, 05:49 PM
I wonder if the series, the episodes they did produce will become available on DVD. Does ever happen with Netflix programs?

sansradio
06-02-2017, 06:04 PM
I wonder if the series, the episodes they did produce will become available on DVD. Does ever happen with Netflix programs?

Yes, Netflix does DVDs generally.

marv2
06-02-2017, 06:07 PM
Yes, Netflix does DVDs generally.

Excellent! There are people I know that did not get to see the show and do not have Netflix. Thanks Sansradio.

sansradio
06-02-2017, 08:43 PM
Excellent! There are people I know that did not get to see the show and do not have Netflix. Thanks Sansradio.

You got it, Marv. It definitely deserves a wider audience, cancellation notwithstanding.

marv2
06-02-2017, 10:23 PM
You got it, Marv. It definitely deserves a wider audience, cancellation notwithstanding.

It was one of the rare shows that once I started watching, I had to binge watch all of the episodes. I hope they find a way to bring it back.