PDA

View Full Version : Supremes Reflections Mono LP

test

mrbfly
04-08-2017, 02:30 PM
Hi everyone,
after a long "writing"pause I thought it would time to write a question/request.

I'm a Fan of the Diana Ross & The Supremes Reflections LP and read here on the forum that the Mono-LP has different versions than the Stereo-LP so I bought a Mono-LP from England and tried to ripp them to my computer.
I did it and the result was dreadful, a lot of vinyl noise. I reduce the noise but than the sound of the rip didn't sound like it should be, now there a lot of sound differences between words etc.

Now I would like to know if anyone knows if the mono-version of Reflections are available on a CD [[Maybe a mistake on a reissued CD or so).
Or maybe if somone has the Mono-Versions in a good quality and likes to share, trade it with me :)

Ben

theboyfromxtown
04-08-2017, 03:34 PM
Some of those mono versions are avaiable. For example, my favourite was Then..far longer in mono. You can get it on this album

https://www.discogs.com/Diana-Ross-The-Supremes-The-Best-Of-Diana-Ross-The-Supremes/release/414579

mysterysinger
04-08-2017, 07:21 PM
I'm no expert on mono vs single mixes on this album - I don't know whether the mono mixes on the album were any different to mono mixes found anywhere else but there are 4 obvious mono choices in The Complete Motown Singles releases - being the 4 sides that made it onto a single A or B side. For example "What The World Needs Now Is Love" is on TCMS volume 8 so you may already have that.

For a cheaper option, the 3 tracks that made it to A side can be found on the Ultimate Collection in mono. 31453-0827-2 The Ultimate Collection.

It's always worth taking a look at DFTMC where you can get an idea as to which albums stereo and mono version were released on.
http://www.dftmc.info/artists/asupremes.htm

And if the worst comes to the worst - you've only got several years to wait for a Reflections Expanded set which would contain both mono and stereo versions of the album.

jack020
04-09-2017, 06:12 AM
Why not enjoy it as it is and play it on your turntable?

mrbfly
04-09-2017, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the infos. I just bought the two CDs and will check them. Maybe I find all the tracks in mono on various compilations :)

RanRan79
04-09-2017, 04:54 PM
Why not enjoy it as it is and play it on your turntable?

Kind of hard to play records in the car.;)

mrbfly
04-10-2017, 05:25 AM
Yeah, that's the fact. Want to hear it in the car :)