PDA

View Full Version : The Supremes/Love Songs Cd

test

aarondillon2011@gmail.com
03-29-2017, 02:23 PM
Besides the slightly extended mix of Lover, rare inclusion of The Music That Makes Me Dance and a alternate mix of I Hear A Symphony are there any other differences on the cd? Also, are there other compilation cds like this one that may have alternate mixes on them?

03-29-2017, 02:26 PM
Is there anything on the Love Is in Our Hearts: The Love Collection cd that might be worth getting?

longtimefan
03-29-2017, 03:21 PM
Besides the slightly extended mix of Lover, rare inclusion of The Music That Makes Me Dance and a alternate mix of I Hear A Symphony are there any other differences on the cd? Also, are there other compilation cds like this one that may have alternate mixes on them?

What is different about the alternate mix of "I Hear a Symphony?" Thanks. :-)

thommg
03-30-2017, 02:47 PM

I know that The Millenium Collections have a few alternate version but they aren't listed as such in the booklets. That's why I bought The Marvelettes. As I said in another thread, The Supremes has the tambourine intro for Someday We'll Be Together. There might be others as well but I don't remember.

03-30-2017, 02:56 PM
For I Hear A Symphony the clapping is louder and it doesn't seem to have the light echo

mysterysinger
03-30-2017, 03:13 PM
The Anthology [[double CD) that contains the tambourine intro "Someday We'll Be Together" also includes a "Baby Love" without any reverb. The vocals are very clear with no echo. There's also an extended [[slightly anyway) version of "Love Is Like an Itching In My Heart" and an alternate mix on "You Keep Me Hanging On" plus re-mastered "A Hard Days Night" and "Ain't That Good News" I think among its 50 tracks. The overall sound is amazing.

carlo
03-31-2017, 06:33 PM
Wow, thanks for pointing that out, mysteysinger. Time for me to pull out that Anthology. It's been a long time since I've played it.