PDA

View Full Version : Awwwww, come on Andy. Come on George.

test

thanxal
03-17-2017, 09:59 AM
Can't you sneak us just a little tidbit or two about A Go Go. We've been waiting for sooooo long. I've already pre-ordered three copies!

DJMoch
03-17-2017, 12:36 PM
Considering how the Amazon page for the set is displaying incorrect information, it would be prudent to actually correct them and hopefully let us know the actual, true track listing for the set.

Bluebrock
03-17-2017, 02:13 PM
Just be patient for a little longer guys. I had a private conversation with George earlier this week and all i can say is good things come to those who wait. Your patience will be rewarded.

aarondillon2011@gmail.com
03-17-2017, 02:16 PM
I wonder how much of that track list is wrong? I would imagine some of those songs are correct. But yes, we should be given the correct information. After all we were told it is coming for sure so it's no surprise anymore, unless something else came up?

vgalindo
03-17-2017, 04:19 PM
I pre-ordered 2 copies as well. I know it will be fantastic. Just a little worried why we haven't got the correct track listing from Andy or George. Seems like it still hush, hush. I really won't be happy until an announcement is given by Andy or George.

BayouMotownMan
03-17-2017, 05:48 PM
I'll be happy to get this collection, but for me Supremes A' Go-Go doesn't hold up as well as More Hits, Sing HDH or even WDOLG albums. I loved the album at the time but clearly most of the tracks were not recorded in Detroit with the Funks. The only original tracks on here are the two singles, the rest are covers and I usually don't like covers unless they are completely redone, like Diana's ANMHE. Hang On Sloopy just doesn't fit and is the only non-Motown track except for Boots, which does work for me.

George Solomon
03-17-2017, 05:49 PM
Be happy ... I'm sure Andy will say something soon. Universal always has to green light the announcement before something official is said.

jobeterob
03-17-2017, 06:27 PM
When my kids were young, their favorite Supremes songs were Diana's Ode to Billie Joe and These Boot Are Made For Walkin. They are not Supremes or Ross fans; one thought the Temptations were not bad.

So these covers songs had a certain appeal which may have helped the albums sell at the time of their release.

Seems to me that way back when, I bought some Hollywood Palace album of the Supremes so I could get Can't Take My Eyes Off You by Mary.

George Solomon
03-18-2017, 01:58 AM
I'll be happy to get this collection, but for me Supremes A' Go-Go doesn't hold up as well as More Hits, Sing HDH or even WDOLG albums. I loved the album at the time but clearly most of the tracks were not recorded in Detroit with the Funks. The only original tracks on here are the two singles, the rest are covers and I usually don't like covers unless they are completely redone, like Diana's ANMHE. Hang On Sloopy just doesn't fit and is the only non-Motown track except for Boots, which does work for me.
I wasn't even aware until Andy pointed it out to me that there are 6 Funk Brothers - Holland/Dozier productions and 6 Frank Wilson/Hal Davis LA sessions on this album. I couldn't tell the difference!

johnny_raven
03-18-2017, 11:49 AM
I wasn't even aware until Andy pointed it out to me that there are 6 Funk Brothers - Holland/Dozier productions and 6 Frank Wilson/Hal Davis LA sessions on this album. I couldn't tell the difference!

I believe that the odd numbered tracks were Detroit and the even numbered tracks were done in L.A.

daviddh
03-18-2017, 05:17 PM
the album always seemed uneven to me. I like just about every other supremes but this and Liverpool and Sunshine. both are all below par. with Go Go the tracks are so uneven, some are fun while other I cant even listen to.i wish the other tracks would rock as well as Love Is An Itching In My Heart

aarondillon2011@gmail.com
03-18-2017, 06:14 PM
Would it be possible to get Funk Brothers versions of the even tracks or were those solely recorded in L.A.?

daviddh
03-18-2017, 06:30 PM
I do think kevin reeves has remixed some of them. the 2017 mixes. if we ever see and hear them.

daviddh
03-18-2017, 06:31 PM
I would like Kevin reeves to do an entire new mix album of some of the ,,ah hem ,,, lesser known or poorly mixed tracks such as Forever Came Today and Touch.

thanxal
03-19-2017, 07:17 PM
Be happy ... I'm sure Andy will say something soon. Universal always has to green light the announcement before something official is said.
Of course, yes. But its like Dec 24th for us. And you and Andy are Santa Claus. And I just can't wait. So excited.