PDA

View Full Version : Britney spears' career sales

test

jobeterob
01-16-2011, 06:41 PM
FROM BILLBOARD CHARTBEAT

BRITNEY SPEARS' CAREER SALES

Hi Gary,

I've been trying to find up-to-date sales figures for Britney Spears' albums and digital and physical singles and you're the only source I could find that might be able to help.

Could you please provide those totals?

Thanks!

Daniel Moreno
Tulsa, Oklahoma

Hi Daniel,

Billboard.com has been Spears Central this week, following the scorching radio debut of "Hold It Against Me." As previously reported, the song is expected to exceed 400,000 in first-week download sales, as well, according to industry sources, and blast in atop next week's Billboard Hot 100.

Britney - Hold It Against Me [[SAMPLE) by DJ Teapot

Poll: What Do You Think of Britney's "Hold It Against Me"?

In the meantime, here is a look at Spears' U.S. album sales to-date, according to Nielsen SoundScan:

Sales, Title, Release Year
10,555,000, "...Baby One More Time," 1999
9,199,000, "Oops!...I Did It Again," 2000
4,342,000, "Britney," 2001
2,991,000, "In the Zone," 2003
1,667,000, "Circus," 2008
1,395,000, "Greatest Hits: My Prerogative," 2004
991,000, "Blackout," 2007
172,000, "The Singles Collection," 2009
105,000, "B in the Mix: the Remixes," 2005

With 31.6 million albums sold, Spears ranks as the 16th-best-selling album artist since SoundScan began tracking sales in 1991.

In that span, Spears places fourth among women, trailing only Mariah Carey [[53.2 million), Celine Dion [[51.1 million) and Shania Twain [[34 million).

Spears has sold 2.9 physical singles and 21 million digital tracks.

nomis
01-17-2011, 01:07 PM
her sales now mainly come from 15 -35 year old Gay Males..they adored her last two cds so there is antcipation over her her new set..when Hold it against me hit facebook a bar tender laughing told me every gay he knew had already downloaded it..Theres another dj who works at the club who is Britney obsessed..I scratch my head she has a very limited vocal range,,she chooses white hot hip producers..but all a wee too bland for me

smark21
01-17-2011, 09:55 PM
her sales now mainly come from 15 -35 year old Gay Males..they adored her last two cds so there is antcipation over her her new set..when Hold it against me hit facebook a bar tender laughing told me every gay he knew had already downloaded it..Theres another dj who works at the club who is Britney obsessed..I scratch my head she has a very limited vocal range,,she chooses white hot hip producers..but all a wee too bland for me

Why are so many gay men into dance music? Just about every gay bar in NYC plays dance music not just the clubs. Most of it is just so tedious after a while and much of it unhip.

jillfoster
01-17-2011, 10:00 PM
I wanna know who are all these queens who are into her? For the love of God.... wer'e supposed to be known for GOOD TASTE. Liza, Cher, Judy, Bette.... but Britney Spears? All those bitches need to have thier pink triangles REVOKED!

smark21
01-17-2011, 10:08 PM
I wanna know who are all these queens who are into her? For the love of God.... wer'e supposed to be known for GOOD TASTE. Liza, Cher, Judy, Bette.... but Britney Spears? All those bitches need to have thier pink triangles REVOKED!

There's quite a bit of tacky in the music of Liza, Cher and Bette Midler.

nomis
01-17-2011, 10:52 PM
Yes but Cher liza and Bette put on killer live shows not lip sync nirvana like Britney..

smark21
01-18-2011, 08:42 AM
Yes but Cher liza and Bette put on killer live shows not lip sync nirvana like Britney..

Cher lipsyncs a good chunk of her show. But live or lipsync, too many of their songs and/or the staging of such songs are kitsch, camp, syrupy schmalz and schlock.