PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday to Pauline Matthews [[aka Kiki Dee)

test

woodward
03-06-2017, 10:32 AM
Today is the 70th birthday of Kiki Dee. If you have any of her music give it a spin today and think of her. She rarely gets mentioned these days.

marv2
03-06-2017, 10:45 AM
Kiki Dee is still alive. Happy Birthday Kiki!

TomatoTom123
03-06-2017, 10:48 AM
Jeez I thought Kiki Dee had died!!!! Bill, don't do that... lol

Anyways, Happy Birthday Kiki!!! 🎁

sansradio
03-06-2017, 11:52 AM
I was gonna say! Happy birthday, Kiki Dee!

Bluebrock
03-06-2017, 01:52 PM
Today is the 70th birthday of Kiki Dee. If you have any of her music give it a spin today and think of her. She rarely gets mentioned these days.
Kiki is a very good friend of mine and i can assure you all she is very much alive and well. I was with her only a couple of weeks ago and she is still a good draw on the live circuit with her blend of pop, soul, jazz and blues. A lovely lady and a fine vocalist.Hope you enjoy many many more my dear Pauline.

Ozmo
03-06-2017, 05:35 PM
Many happy returns to Kiki Dee.

DWSheffer
03-06-2017, 08:37 PM
Ironically my mint in the original shrink copy of "Great Expectations" arrived in today's mail. It's on the turn table now and I like what I've heard so far.....
Happy Birthday Kiki :)
Darin

Philles/Motown Gary
03-08-2017, 12:21 AM
Belated Happy Birthday, Kiki! I've loved your Motown recordings and always will.

DJMoch
03-08-2017, 12:39 AM
Don't know a whole lot of Kiki's Motown output, but I do have to say I really like her version of "The Day Will Come Between Sunday And Monday". Honestly, I don't know who performed it better, her or The Supremes. They're both terrific.

At any rate, happy [[belated) birthday to Kiki Dee.

Philles/Motown Gary
03-08-2017, 12:54 AM
Don't know a whole lot of Kiki's Motown output, but I do have to say I really like her version of "The Day Will Come Between Sunday And Monday". Honestly, I don't know who performed it better, her or The Supremes. They're both terrific.

At any rate, happy [[belated) birthday to Kiki Dee.
DJMoch, if you loved Kiki's "The Day Will Come Between Sunday And Monday", you'll love the rest of her Motown recordings as well. Here's the Amazon link for her CD "Love Makes The World Go 'Round: The Motown Years" which contains the entirety of her "Great Expectations" album [[Tracks 1-12) as well as 6 additional Motown recordings. The track list is shown in the ad.)

https://www.amazon.com/Love-Makes-World-Go-Round/dp/B000A39FJE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1488948600&sr=8-3&keywords=kiki+dee+cds

[[BTW, I, too, love The Supremes' version of "The Day Will Come...." The back-up vocals are fantastic, as are Jean's lead vocals!)

Gary

DJMoch
03-08-2017, 01:05 AM
Thank you for the link, Gary. I will definitely check this set out. I'm always happy to hear new [[at least, to my ears) Motown.

Philles/Motown Gary
03-08-2017, 01:56 AM
Thank you for the link, Gary. I will definitely check this set out. I'm always happy to hear new [[at least, to my ears) Motown.
Yeah, me, too, DJ. And you're very welcome!

Bluebrock
03-08-2017, 07:41 AM
[QUOTE=DJMoch;375089]Don't know a whole lot of Kiki's Motown output, but I do have to say I really like her version of "The Day Will Come Between Sunday And Monday". Honestly, I don't know who performed it better, her or The Supremes. They're both terrific.
I also have this dilemma DJ. Whenever i play one of the versions i say i prefer that one but when i play the other version i say the same thing!! Let us settle on them both being splendid versions of a great song with sublime vocals on both versions.