PDA

View Full Version : Super Freak: The Life of Rick James by Peter Benjaminson

test

woodward
03-03-2017, 07:00 PM
On March 1, 2017, a new book, the eighth by the renowned author Peter Benjaminson was released. It is a 360 page hardcover book that tells Rick's life and career from his early days in Buffalo, NY to Los Angeles. Although this is the third book published about Rick, Peter did an outstanding job with research and collateral contacts to publish the best book ever on Rick.

It is available through Amazon.com. Here is a link with one initial review of the book. As you can see, the cover picture is dynamic.

https://www.amazon.com/Super-Freak-Life-Rick-James/dp/1613749570/ref=tmm_hrd_title_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1488581359&sr=8-1

I hope that all Motown Forum members are able to obtain a copy of this book. It is a must for all Motown enthusiasts.

marv2
03-03-2017, 07:17 PM
I was wondering when a book on Rick James was going to be written. Thank you Woodward and thank you Peter.

midnightman
03-04-2017, 12:44 AM
Hmm, judging on the title, it could be a polished redo of the first Rick bio that was released [[the autobiography he had just finished working on before his death).

Nevermind, it adds more info:

Rick James attempted to tell his own story—in two different books—but left out many incidents that showed what he was really like. Nobody has written the full truth about his life. Now, based on court records, newspaper archives, and extensive interviews with dozens of family members, band members, friends, and lovers, here is the definitive biography of Motown’s most controversial superstar.

marv2
03-04-2017, 04:24 PM
Rick was a very complex individual with a story like no other.....

midnightman
03-04-2017, 07:09 PM
Yeah. Rick once called Marvin a "crazy MF" but I think he was crazier than Marvin...

Encyclopedia Mack
03-06-2017, 12:10 AM
Interesting. I read Ricks bio by David Ritz and that was fantastic and insightful. I wonder what else can be told after that book. Rick told it all in detail.

pbenjamson@aol.com
03-16-2017, 02:36 PM

Interesting. I read Ricks bio by David Ritz and that was fantastic and insightful. I wonder what else can be told after that book. Rick told it all in detail.

Rick and Ritz left out a heck of a lot of stuff about Rick, involving his escapades on tour, his wives, his involvement with organized crime, and numerous other matters, all of which this book covers.

marv2
03-16-2017, 03:09 PM

Rick and Ritz left out a heck of a lot of stuff about Rick, involving his escapades on tour, his wives, his involvement with organized crime, and numerous other matters, all of which this book covers.

Will you be doing any book signings Peter?

arr&bee
03-16-2017, 05:43 PM
So this one has all the dirt?

jobeterob
03-16-2017, 06:03 PM
So this one has all the dirt?

So then it will be called Dreamboy: My Life as Rick James!