PDA

View Full Version : Soulful Shack radio show - 60/70s soul

test

snakepit
03-03-2017, 03:31 PM
Soulful Shack is an onine radio show, featuring underplayed, forgotten, and unknown soul music from the 1960/70s.
If you tired of the "same old same old" it could be for you...

Motown, Northern Soul, Detroit R&B, ....overlooked gems from artists you know...and some you don't!

Soulful Shack no. 132 includes Bobby Bland, Hesitations, Marvin Gaye, Brook Benton, Sammy Ambrose, Dells and more..

listen anytime on:
www.mixcloud.com/snakepit2648/

marv2
03-03-2017, 03:57 PM
It is so rare I get to hear Bobby "Blue" Bland. I am happy to see he is in the line-up for this week's show. Thank you Snakepit!

snakepit
03-03-2017, 04:04 PM
Marv
BB is one of my favourites

TomatoTom123
03-03-2017, 09:06 PM
Now.... I remember giving you a full-blown hand-on-heart PROMISE that I would listen to your last show, snakepit, and I am so sorry that I, ummm, betrayed you...

I always see these threads of yours, snakepit, but never actually listen to any of the shows...!

So I just had a quick go through this one and it sounds great! I promise I will have a proper listen at some point in the near future!! :)

Forgive me please... lol

HOWEVER! I am listening to this one right now and I love it... is this your very own radio show? :)

snakepit
03-04-2017, 03:28 AM
Tom
yes....it's all about enjoying overlooked soul music and perhaps discovering something new....an odd concept I know :confused:

TomatoTom123
03-04-2017, 05:07 AM
Nice! I love me some overlooked soul music.... I reckon I have never heard about 95% of the songs you play so it really is about discovering new!!!

TomatoTom123
03-04-2017, 05:11 AM
My favourite track of the show has to be "Help Me"...a killer
And that stomping Marvin Gaye one!!!

roger
03-04-2017, 09:07 AM
Just listened to the last two shows [[#131 & #132) on Mixcloud ... great as ever.

One track that got me into a minor tizzwazz was the absolutely tremendous Carla Thomas track on show #132, it sounded vaguely familiar but I wasn't certain whether I already had it on CD ... had to check to find out ... fortunately the answer was YES :)

Roger

snakepit
03-06-2017, 05:40 AM
Just listened to the last two shows [[#131 & #132) on Mixcloud ... great as ever.

One track that got me into a minor tizzwazz was the absolutely tremendous Carla Thomas track on show #132, it sounded vaguely familiar but I wasn't certain whether I already had it on CD ... had to check to find out ... fortunately the answer was YES :)

Roger
Roger
Nice track from Carla, from a very good album
Thanks for listening