View Full Version : Edwin Starr in Spanish

test

soulwally
03-01-2017, 07:27 PM
Gracias...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2ZodJGAVwE

copley
03-02-2017, 08:43 AM
It's on 'Motown Around The World: The Classic Singles' :)

DJMoch
03-02-2017, 11:45 AM
I love that Motown Around The World collection. I find it fascinating to hear these Motown artists attempting various foreign-language recordings. I particularly like the Supremes' German language recording "Thank You Darling, Thank You Baby", as well as their German rewrites of Come See About Me [[aka Jonny Und Jo) and Where Did Our Love Go [[Baby Wo Ist Unsere Liebe). Really awesome stuff, and as I wrote, fascinating to listen to.

DJ Moch

theboyfromxtown
03-03-2017, 04:39 AM
I got my copy signed by Edwin when he was appearing at some freebie thing at the Barbican. He looks it and says...wow I dont have that. I thought..hang on you're hoping I am gonna give it to you....

Quick as a flash I said - It's a hard one - hope you find one soon!

roger
03-03-2017, 03:00 PM
I love that Motown Around The World collection. I find it fascinating to hear these Motown artists attempting various foreign-language recordings. I particularly like the Supremes' German language recording "Thank You Darling, Thank You Baby", as well as their German rewrites of Come See About Me [[aka Jonny Und Jo) and Where Did Our Love Go [[Baby Wo Ist Unsere Liebe). Really awesome stuff, and as I wrote, fascinating to listen to.

DJ Moch

I also have that "Motown Around The World" CD DJ Mochi. Best not point out to Soulwally that the notes for The CD make it quite clear that Edwin was actually singing in Italian .... shhhhhhh ;)

Roger