glencro
02-28-2017, 05:32 AM
I WOULD HAVE FREAKED OUT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vy4FsRUat8

Bluebrock
02-28-2017, 01:27 PM
I WOULD HAVE FREAKED OUT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vy4FsRUat8
I remember seeing this on you tube a few years ago. It was unusual to say the very least!! How we miss our beautiful songbird who left us almost 4 decades ago. Seems like only yesterday.

Ozmo
02-28-2017, 08:52 PM
Thank you Glencro for posting this. Our 'Perfect Angel' may be gone but is not forgotten.

Encyclopedia Mack
03-02-2017, 05:32 AM
No wild animals for me. God bless our sister. But even then they better get a mastermind painter to paint a lion. That's as close as I'm getting.

mr_june
03-03-2017, 02:45 PM
She seems to have a very nice personality.

mr_june
03-07-2017, 12:47 PM
I never got into Minnie back in the day. I remember "Loving You" and "Memory Lane" but never bought either. This thread made me curious about her so I listened to a couple of her albums and I was very impressed with her and the songs. Glen, thanks for reintroducing me to Minnie Riperton.

glencro
03-09-2017, 12:28 PM
I never got into Minnie back in the day. I remember "Loving You" and "Memory Lane" but never bought either. This thread made me curious about her so I listened to a couple of her albums and I was very impressed with her and the songs. Glen, thanks for reintroducing me to Minnie Riperton.

Glad that it sent you back to her. When I ran across this clip I actually pulled out some of her older music too. I've been really enjoying some of her lesser known songs.

thommg
03-10-2017, 12:40 PM
My favorite Minnie album was Stay In Love, A Romantic Fantasy Set To Music. I was so excited when it came to CD and have played it quite often. Perhaps I am reliving some of my youth with this album but Young, Willing And Able is still one of favorite songs.

sansradio
03-10-2017, 01:06 PM
I adore all of Minnie's output, but, to me, her solo debut, Come to My Garden, is her finest hour. Charles Stephney's swirling symphonic arrangements partnered with her and Dick Rudolph's mystical, tone-poem lyricism and her soaring, caressing delivery make for a listening experience like no other. It's soulful chamber music...sublime.

mr_june
03-10-2017, 01:41 PM
I ordered 5 albums by her and the first to arrive yesterday was Come To My Garden. My wife and listened to it and were impressed. Both of us said that the music reminded us of Burt Bacharach arrangements. I also ordered 2, two for one CDs Stay in Love/Minnie and Perfect Angel/Adventures In Paradise. One of her albums is priced at about $40.00 [[Love Lives Forever). I didn't get that one. Maybe I can get a copy from someone.

It's nice to discover someone that you weren't interested in at first and It just goes to show you that you can't judge a book by it's cover. Bitter/sweet discovery by the way. Very sad to remember that she was taken at such an early age. Anyone ever meet Minnie in person?

Circa 1824
03-10-2017, 07:28 PM
I saw Minnie in concert at San Francisco's Cow Palace. She was the opening act for Stevie Wonder.

sansradio
03-10-2017, 07:56 PM
mr_june, check your inbox.:D