PDA

View Full Version : Diana Ross Reaches Out For ‘Supremes’ Reunion

test

marv2
02-28-2017, 12:36 AM
http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/diana-ross-reaches-supremes-reunion/

jobeterob
02-28-2017, 12:52 AM
These rags are taking one line from a Mary interview where she indicated they aren't close but they don't hate each other and turning it into a reunion!

Is Rhonda going to be the third Supreme or Lionel!

It would be a field day for Mary! Her biggest concert since 1970.

Trouble is it won't happen

marv2
02-28-2017, 01:14 AM
These rags are taking one line from a Mary interview where she indicated they aren't close but they don't hate each other and turning it into a reunion!

Is Rhonda going to be the third Supreme or Lionel!

It would be a field day for Mary! Her biggest concert since 1970.

Trouble is it won't happen

I detect very sour grapes. hehehehehehehehe!

Bluebrock
02-28-2017, 06:47 AM
http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/diana-ross-reaches-supremes-reunion/
Okay. Let us clear up this matter once and for all. When i spoke with Mary in January 2016 she confirmed that she would like to kiss and make up with Diana, but stopped short of wanting a Supremes reunion. When i asked her about a possible reunion she declined to answer. Moving forward to January 2017 i asked Diana about a possible Supremes reunion and she said that no such plans were afoot and she had no desire for another Supremes reunion. I hope this clears up the situation once and for all.

Bluebrock
02-28-2017, 06:49 AM
I detect very sour grapes. hehehehehehehehe!
How and why do you detect "sour grapes hehehehehehehe" ? Please explain. I would dearly love to know as would jobeterob no doubt.

sansradio
02-28-2017, 07:38 AM
I should've stopped at the words National Enquirer.

BigAl
02-28-2017, 08:27 AM
The two ladies might well bury the hatchet in time as age mellows them as it often does, but it's unrealistic to imagine that they'll ever again perform together. Personality clashes aside, both are at the age when most performers have either retired or are slowing down their itineraries [[by choice or by dwindling fanbases, or both), and both gals stay plenty busy as it is. As for a Supremes reunion, that can't happen in any event since Florence is dead and Cindy's not performing anymore, so any supposition that such a thing might happen is no more than a pipe dream for fans who are by now grasping at straws. Instead, we should realize how fortunate it is that two out of four founding members are even still out there stompin' the boards. That is what everyone should be celebrating.

thanxal
02-28-2017, 09:05 AM
I hope this clears up the situation once and for all.
You and I both know it won't. Such crap allows certain members to continue the internecine warfare between Supremes camps that exist only in their minds.

Roberta75
02-28-2017, 09:45 AM
"Originally Posted by marv2 http://soulfuldetroit.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png [[http://soulfuldetroit.com/showthread.php?p=353706#post353706) October 2016
I don't even go into most Diana Ross threads on here."
[/QUOTE]

i just start threads about Diane from the National Inquirer. Lolololololololol

DJMoch
02-28-2017, 10:06 AM
You lost me at the National Inquirer link. I've never understood why the hell people read those trashy made-up gossip rags in the first place.

DJMoch
02-28-2017, 10:41 AM
I'm still new to this board and feeling my way around, but stuff like this is one of the reasons why it's taken me so long to join the forum [[I've lurked for quite a number of years). I was starting to feel ashamed of being a fan of The Supremes, just because of how much latent hostility that seems to occur on a daily basis in any thread that's tangentially related to Diana, Mary, or whoever else.

Just to state my own opinion and be done with it, I am a fan of every single incarnation of the group, and every single member therein. I love them all, they all contributed in their own ways to make The Supremes one of the greatest female groups the world has ever seen before or since. I don't care for whatever petty squabbles may happen between them, it's their business, not mine. Hell, I don't even mind if the Andantes sang backup rather than Cindy, Flo, Mary or whoever. It doesn't change anything for me. To me, their place in musical history is assured, and nothing, NOTHING will ever take that away from them.

Peace to y'all.
Emile [[aka DJ Moch)

marv2
02-28-2017, 11:02 AM
You and I both know it won't. Such crap allows certain members to continue the internecine warfare between Supremes camps that exist only in their minds.

If you are referring to me. I didn't write the article and for the record [[pun intended), I only care about Mary Wilson. I never cared about a reunion after Motown 25!

marv2
02-28-2017, 11:05 AM
You lost me at the National Inquirer link. I've never understood why the hell people read those trashy made-up gossip rags in the first place.

Whenever the National Enquirer writes something about Mary Wilson as it did last year. These same guys that are complaining takes it as the Gospel truth, that's why I can never take any of them seriously about anything. LOL!

DJMoch
02-28-2017, 11:22 AM
I'm not getting involved any further discussion here one way or the other. I said my piece, and now I'm bowing out of this thread gracefully. I'm on this board for one reason and one reason alone, and that is to learn more about and celebrate the music of Motown [[and share my own love of the music through my remixes). Not to get involved in people's petty agendas and gossip. I deal with enough misery in my life, I don't need it from an Internet forum.

Peace, my friends.
Emile [[aka DJ Moch)

thanxal
02-28-2017, 11:24 AM
If you are referring to me. I didn't write the article and for the record [[pun intended), I only care about Mary Wilson. I never cared about a reunion after Motown 25!

Actually, this time I wasn't. But since you asked why do you bother with Diana Ross if you don't care for her?

luke
02-28-2017, 11:30 AM
I don't get it. Marv posted an article and people flipping out. Should he have ignored it and not posted it? Why? Wouldn't it be nice if Mary and Diana felt ok to perform together? If the Supremes were to perform as a group Scherrie Payne would probably join them.

marv2
02-28-2017, 11:52 AM
Actually, this time I wasn't. But since you asked why do you bother with Diana Ross if you don't care for her?

You may have noticed. The article ALSO related to Mary Wilson and the Supremes.

marv2
02-28-2017, 11:53 AM
I don't get it. Marv posted an article and people flipping out. Should he have ignored it and not posted it? Why? Wouldn't it be nice if Mary and Diana felt ok to perform together? If the Supremes were to perform as a group Scherrie Payne would probably join them.

Exactly and Scherrie would make the perfect third member.

luke
02-28-2017, 12:04 PM
I agree. People very close to all of this said at Mary's NYC show that big things are coming. Not sure what they meant but it's all good for Mary Wilson!

Roberta75
02-28-2017, 01:12 PM
Exactly and Scherrie would make the perfect third member.

But you only care about Mary and dont care about a Supremes reunion. lololololol

Roberta75
02-28-2017, 01:15 PM

Theres NOT going to be a Supremes reunion with Miss Ross and if there is any Supremes reunion it should be Mary and Scherrie and Susaye or Mary and Sherrie and Lynda.

thanxal
02-28-2017, 01:18 PM
You may have noticed. The article ALSO related to Mary Wilson and the Supremes.
Yes, but that's not what you titled the thread. Why use Diana Ross' name on the diary unless to draw eyes? I really don't intend for this to be one of "those" threads, but am genuinely curious.

thanxal
02-28-2017, 01:19 PM
But you only care about Mary and dont care about a Supremes reunion. lololololol
Not helpful.

thanxal
02-28-2017, 01:20 PM
No one is flipping out. This has been a quite sedate conversation.

marv2
02-28-2017, 02:13 PM
Yes, but that's not what you titled the thread. Why use Diana Ross' name on the diary unless to draw eyes? I really don't intend for this to be one of "those" threads, but am genuinely curious.

I did not write the title of the thread. It is the title of the article....Geez!

ralpht
02-28-2017, 09:40 PM
Is this thread about to derail?

marv2
02-28-2017, 10:09 PM
Is this thread about to derail?

Ralph, I think it has unfortunately gone over the cliff!

sup_fan
02-28-2017, 11:39 PM
DJMoch/Emile - welcome to the forum. Sorry your first posts have to be mired down with this nonsense. Like you, I'm a huge fan of all the incarnations of the Supremes and appreciate the contributions of all the members

There are some amazing threads on here. And then nonsense ones like this one. Be sure to use the search feature. It works quite well. For instance you can search on Greatest Hits andRare Classics and find some fasinating posts from George regarding that compilation on the 70s grouping. Also there was a thread that went on [[in a good way) w mostly Ross content. Started out as a chat regarding wrong lead singles from various Ross projects. Quickly grew to over 20 pages!! Bluebrock on here has a lot of great history w Diana and graciously offered up wonderful stories. Keep ur eyes open for posts from Bayoumotownman. He too has great history and story.

Welcome! 😊

DJMoch
03-01-2017, 12:34 AM
Thanks for the welcome sup_fan. I've lurked here for many years before joining this last week. I'm pretty sure I've read the thread about GH&RC, it was fascinating that we could have got a two-disc set out of it but the powers at be nixed the idea. At least a good chunk of rarities have come out in the 25 years since, with those two amazing 70s Supreme box sets. They were definitely the neglected era for a long long time.

Bluebrock
03-01-2017, 07:50 AM
Thanks for the welcome sup_fan. I've lurked here for many years before joining this last week. I'm pretty sure I've read the thread about GH&RC, it was fascinating that we could have got a two-disc set out of it but the powers at be nixed the idea. At least a good chunk of rarities have come out in the 25 years since, with those two amazing 70s Supreme box sets. They were definitely the neglected era for a long long time.
As sup fan pointed out i worked closely with Diana from 1988-2000 and occasionally since then.If i can help with any info that does not breach confidentiality i will be more than happy to assist. I conducted probably the most in depth interview ever with her over 3 days in January and even though i thought i knew everything about her prior to that she shared some fascinating information that i was previously unaware of. I also interviewed Lynda recently and thought her to be nothing like certain people on here make her out to be. She was a funny, friendly down to earth lady with a wonderful sense of humour. I kind of fell in love with her. I have also interviewed Mary twice over the past 17 months and will be sitting down once again with her in June of this year. My 20 year ambition to interview Jean has finally been sanctioned and i cannot wait for that. I have also recently interviewed one of Cindy's closest friends . I am currently considering not one but two books, but i have yet to decide upon what shape these will take, I have researched for over 20 years and i think the information i have gathered will blow certain peoples perceptions of certain artists right out of the water!
Thank you once again for your wonderful contributions, and a big thank you to sup fan for your regular kind words.

DJMoch
03-01-2017, 05:59 PM
That's pretty amazing, Bluebrock. You are a very lucky individual to have been able to have the opportunity to interview these wonderful ladies. I tip my hat to you.

Emile

daviddh
03-01-2017, 06:49 PM
Bluebrock, thank you again and wish you the best with the books and I want to get a copy when it is ready. looking forward to it.
and yes some people who were not there and claim they know have painted these ladies unfairly.
none of us were there, we did not live their lives. we did not have to make their choices. but forwhat ever reason some of the ladies have been portrayed unfairly. I will also put a lot of blame on the media. sometimes we need to read between the lines

midnightman
03-02-2017, 03:50 AM
Okay. Let us clear up this matter once and for all. When i spoke with Mary in January 2016 she confirmed that she would like to kiss and make up with Diana, but stopped short of wanting a Supremes reunion. When i asked her about a possible reunion she declined to answer. Moving forward to January 2017 i asked Diana about a possible Supremes reunion and she said that no such plans were afoot and she had no desire for another Supremes reunion. I hope this clears up the situation once and for all.

It should but the same arguments will keep on going. Can't even tell people the horse is stinking at this point.

Encyclopedia Mack
03-02-2017, 05:20 AM
In the end if it's going to be a Supremes Reunion, Diana is going to have to humble herself. I'm sure you all remember about a decade or longer they were in the final stages of making it happen. But Diana was going to get paid I believe $20 million and the other Supremes $1 million. I remember reading this in the news paper. The numbers might not be precise but that's the gist of it.

If it's going to be the Supremes; it needs to be right. But the ladies aren't getting any younger and the people want to see them. They stand to do very well for themselves if this can happen.

Bluebrock
03-02-2017, 07:51 AM
In the end if it's going to be a Supremes Reunion, Diana is going to have to humble herself. I'm sure you all remember about a decade or longer they were in the final stages of making it happen. But Diana was going to get paid I believe $20 million and the other Supremes $1 million. I remember reading this in the news paper. The numbers might not be precise but that's the gist of it.

If it's going to be the Supremes; it needs to be right. But the ladies aren't getting any younger and the people want to see them. They stand to do very well for themselves if this can happen.
It won't happen Mack. Too much water under the bridge. I think the best we can hope for is possibly a trio formed out of Mary, Lynda, Scherrie and Susaye. Diana does not want it at this moment in time.

marv2
03-02-2017, 09:38 AM

I agree. It will have to be done right, fair and equitable!

REDHOT
03-02-2017, 10:45 AM
A Supreme reunion with Mary Wilson and Diana Ross is NEVER gonna happen,No way.

jobeterob
03-02-2017, 10:58 AM
Nor is one with them unless you call standing on a stage together singing not a word a reunion

Wish it would be otherwise and could be with Cindy

PeaceNHarmony
03-05-2017, 02:55 PM
Nor is one with them unless you call standing on a stage together singing not a word a reunion

Wish it would be otherwise and could be with Cindy

Perhaps if 'Feud: Bette and Joan' scores in the ratings, ... nevermind. Without Cindy there indeed would be no point. I'm a fan of all permutations until Jean left but at this point in time have no interest whatsoever in a reunion. BTW, I think the entire idea was tweeted by one DJT ...

luke
03-05-2017, 04:14 PM
I wonder if Producer Ryan considering a Diana/Mary ...oh never mind

marv2
03-05-2017, 04:27 PM
I wonder if Producer Ryan considering a Diana/Mary ...oh never mind

Who is producer Ryan Luke?

Bluebrock
03-05-2017, 06:15 PM
Are you referring to Empire Luke?

luke
03-05-2017, 06:38 PM
No. Producer Ryan Murphy of Glee, American Horror Story ER etc. He is very interested in famous female feuds. Bette Davis vs Joan Crawford airs tonight and he's continuing show with other famous feuds.

marv2
03-05-2017, 09:02 PM
No. Producer Ryan Murphy of Glee, American Horror Story ER etc. He is very interested in famous female feuds. Bette Davis vs Joan Crawford airs tonight and he's continuing show with other famous feuds.

Well, it says here that Mary and Diana are friends again:

http://okmagazine.com/get-scoop/diana-ross-mary-wilson-motown-supremes-dreamgirls/

Encyclopedia Mack
03-06-2017, 12:07 AM
It won't happen Mack. Too much water under the bridge. I think the best we can hope for is possibly a trio formed out of Mary, Lynda, Scherrie and Susaye. Diana does not want it at this moment in time.
Yeah. I guess they will reunite at the next funeral sadly.

PeaceNHarmony
03-06-2017, 09:44 AM

I so look forward to your writings / publishing the extended Diana Ross interview; would you be able to tell us what was your proposal to Miss Ross to grant the interviews? The Jean Terrell interviews may or not be interesting, and I wish you the best - I say this only because Miss Terrell did an interview a while back [[Soul Music.com?) during which she was cheerful and cooperative but her reply to most questions was "I don't remember"! So glad you are part of this site -

waynesville
03-06-2017, 11:30 AM
Dude - really looking forward to your book - be sure to post when it's available

Bluebrock
03-06-2017, 02:14 PM
I so look forward to your writings / publishing the extended Diana Ross interview; would you be able to tell us what was your proposal to Miss Ross to grant the interviews? The Jean Terrell interviews may or not be interesting, and I wish you the best - I say this only because Miss Terrell did an interview a while back [[Soul Music.com?) during which she was cheerful and cooperative but her reply to most questions was "I don't remember"! So glad you are part of this site -
I have been told Jean does not recall events very well but i shall do my best. I am looking forward to meeting her because she is an idol of mine and i have been trying for 20 years to get access to her. I was amazed, not to mention delighted when i got the official confirmation a few days ago. I will keep you posted. I am due to fly out later this month.
As regards Diana i have remained friends with her since the late 80's so it was not really so difficult to set up. In fact it was me who had to cancel the initial trip , but we quickly rescheduled. It was lovely to spend some quality time with her. In fact i have never seen Diana so happy . She is as contented as she has ever been and it shows.

jobeterob
03-06-2017, 02:36 PM
I have been told Jean does not recall events very well but i shall do my best. I am looking forward to meeting her because she is an idol of mine and i have been trying for 20 years to get access to her. I was amazed, not to mention delighted when i got the official confirmation a few days ago. I will keep you posted. I am due to fly out later this month.
As regards Diana i have remained friends with her since the late 80's so it was not really so difficult to set up. In fact it was me who had to cancel the initial trip , but we quickly rescheduled. It was lovely to spend some quality time with her. In fact i have never seen Diana so happy . She is as contented as she has ever been and it shows.

It's the grandchildren, I'm almost sure!!

PeaceNHarmony
03-06-2017, 03:32 PM

That's just wonderful to hear, and good for you! I had two major reactions at a Ross concert here in NJ 2-3 years ago [['The One With Gloria Gaynor') - 1) Good Lord Ms. Ross possesses an amazing and beautiful voice [[still), and 2) My goodness she seems so genuinely happy! I agree with JRob about the grandkids, but there's also a peace to be found later in a well-lived life. I was lucky to have seen the 'Let's See If Diana Ross Can Make It On Her Own' show at the Waldorf in the Fall of '70 and many concerts in between. Can you imagine how Diana felt getting the [[deserved) medal from Obama?! Best with Ms. Terrell as well, who also possessed a voice that still sparkles on 40+ year old recordings [[I saw JMC at the Americana Hotel in NYC as well ...)