View Full Version : Nile Rodgers is Fighting Aggressive Cancer

test

pshark
01-16-2011, 12:15 AM
Hope pulls through this

Nile Rodgers fighting aggressive cancer
Date / Time Venue Town/City Seetickets Viagogo

Chic man updates fans on his condition

Nile Rodgers has announced he is fighting aggressive cancer.

The Chic guitarist informed fans of his condition via his blog at Nilerodgers.com.

Writing on the site, Rodgers said he has undergone surgery in an attempt to remove the disease.

"On October 27, 2010, I found out I had aggressive cancer. In an instant, everything in my happy-music universe imploded," Rodgers wrote. "After consulting with numerous doctors, I decided to have radical surgery to try and remove the cancer in its entirety.

"I told only a handful of people because I didn't want to worry anyone, especially, my family around the holidays. I did everything as usual - as best I could - until one day I couldn't. My hand had sudden muscle loss and a number of stressful events followed. I've just returned home from the hospital and want to explain my recent disappearance to everybody and share my appreciation of life, music and people."

Rodgers said the past few months have been "the most terrifying period of my life", although he added that he has been going on daily walks in an attempt to keep positive.
[[http://www.nme.com/news/chic-ft-nile-rodgers/54579)

abfan
01-16-2011, 12:23 AM
oh wow..Ill b praying for him

pshark
01-16-2011, 12:28 AM
Hope pulls he through this

Walking on Planet C
Listening

On October 27, 2010, I found out I had aggressive cancer. In an instant, everything in my happy-music universe imploded. It was like Jaws was savagely eating me from the inside out.
Read the rest here [[http://nilerodgers.com/blog/walking-on-planet-c)

topdiva1
01-16-2011, 12:43 AM
This is very very sad and shocking. We all need to pray for him on SDF and stop wasting time with BS - so many of the great performers that have brought so much happiness are now in trouble of all sorts - let us celebrate our legends while they still walk among us. And leave the bitterness out.

My best to Mr. Nile Rogers - a great talent.

nomis
01-16-2011, 01:43 AM
im deeply shocked by this news and will be saying a prayer..Nile has been a hero of mine since childhood...

nomis
01-16-2011, 01:57 AM
..youve taken me to the land of the good groove time and time again..fight it Nile xx

jobeterob
01-16-2011, 02:09 AM
Always hoping and pushing for Nile to be well.......like Aretha

GeeTee(HPK)
01-16-2011, 02:16 AM
I'll keep Niles in my prayers. Wow ! :[[

stephanie
01-16-2011, 03:04 AM
Gosh I just went to a Chic site today I dont know what made me and now I see this. I was looking up Nile and Alfa Anderson, Luci Martin and Norma Jean. I hope he gets better.

midnightman
01-16-2011, 03:27 AM
Get well Niles!

soulster
01-16-2011, 03:30 AM
Man, I hope he can beat this. I listened to "C'est Chic" last night, and was reminded of how brilliant it was, and of how well it was executed.

ceasar
01-16-2011, 03:31 AM
I will keep him in my prayers.
CEASAR
THE ORIGINAL TYMES

nomis
01-16-2011, 03:31 AM
Im sitting here thinking about Nile..his music means so much to me,,that clear perspexe guitar on the promo video for "Le Frek" is the ultimate in coolness..the jangling guitar on Durans "Noturious" or Debbie Harrys "In Love with Love"..the groundbreaking production on Madonnas "Material Girl" and "Like A Virgin"..the much sampled "Good Times" or "Hes he Greatest Dancer" and of course his work with Diana INCLUDING "Workin Overtime" lp which includes the brilliant "Paradise"..the irrestistable groove of "Spacer"...hes my hero..Im deeply upset by this news....

paul1970
01-16-2011, 03:57 PM
Sorry to hear this.

Hope he can recover from it.

timmyfunk
01-17-2011, 01:44 PM
Hope pulls through this

Nile Rodgers fighting aggressive cancer
Date / Time Venue Town/City Seetickets Viagogo

Chic man updates fans on his condition

Nile Rodgers has announced he is fighting aggressive cancer.

The Chic guitarist informed fans of his condition via his blog at Nilerodgers.com.

Writing on the site, Rodgers said he has undergone surgery in an attempt to remove the disease.

"On October 27, 2010, I found out I had aggressive cancer. In an instant, everything in my happy-music universe imploded," Rodgers wrote. "After consulting with numerous doctors, I decided to have radical surgery to try and remove the cancer in its entirety.

"I told only a handful of people because I didn't want to worry anyone, especially, my family around the holidays. I did everything as usual - as best I could - until one day I couldn't. My hand had sudden muscle loss and a number of stressful events followed. I've just returned home from the hospital and want to explain my recent disappearance to everybody and share my appreciation of life, music and people."

Rodgers said the past few months have been "the most terrifying period of my life", although he added that he has been going on daily walks in an attempt to keep positive.
[[http://www.nme.com/news/chic-ft-nile-rodgers/54579)

I will definitely keep this musical giant in my thoughts.

nysister
01-17-2011, 09:09 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. I will keep him in my prayers!!

luke
01-17-2011, 09:19 PM
Many prayers. He is one of the nicest people in the music business I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

glencro
01-18-2011, 08:56 AM
Really sad to hear this...definitely keeping him in prayer. He has made a HUGE contribution to the soundtrack of my life. GET WELL SOON DOC

Koach
01-18-2011, 09:04 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out.

REDHOT
01-18-2011, 11:28 AM
NILE ROGERS,This is sad news,He is also definitely in my prayers,GET WELL my brother.
PLEASE STAY POSITIVE

Penny
01-18-2011, 01:11 PM
This makes me so sad. I will listen to his music today and send out good thoughts and good energy to Nile Rodgers.