PDA

View Full Version : Kim Weston

test

longtimefan
02-24-2017, 01:18 AM
Speaking of Kim, have her LPs THIS IS AMERICA and FOR THE FIRST TIME ever come out on CD? I can't even find the tracks on YouTube.

johnny_raven
02-24-2017, 01:29 AM
The first track from her FOR THE FIRST TIME album [["Where Am I Going") was released on her Motown Anthology. It may be a different mix, but it sounds like the same recording to me ...

paul_nixon
02-24-2017, 05:06 AM
The first track from her FOR THE FIRST TIME album [["Where Am I Going") was released on her Motown Anthology. It may be a different mix, but it sounds like the same recording to me ...

That was a Motown Recording that somehow managed to appear on another label after she and Mickey left the label. The original tape was in the Motown archives and pulled for her anthology.

johnny_raven
02-24-2017, 11:07 AM
That was a Motown Recording that somehow managed to appear on another label after she and Mickey left the label. The original tape was in the Motown archives and pulled for her anthology.

Thx Paul. But it's the only song from that album that appeared on CD, n'est-ce pas?

reese
02-24-2017, 11:11 AM
LIFT EVERY VOICE AND SING appears on her MILLENNIUM COLLECTION cd.

paul_nixon
02-24-2017, 12:11 PM
LIFT EVERY VOICE AND SING appears on her MILLENNIUM COLLECTION cd.

Lift Every Voice is now a Motown track but now comes under the Universal ownership and so was able to be used on her MC

Laserdk
02-25-2017, 07:40 AM
Lift Every Voice is now a Motown track but now comes under the Universal ownership and so was able to be used on her MC

Paul,

By your comment about "Lift Every Voice And Sing" are you saying all of Kim's MGM recordings now come under the Motown wing within Universal Music?

Ivor

paul_nixon
02-25-2017, 03:57 PM
Paul,

By your comment about "Lift Every Voice And Sing" are you saying all of Kim's MGM recordings now come under the Motown wing within Universal Music?

Ivor

Yes I believe so