PDA

View Full Version : Soulful Detroit TV! [[new concept?)

test

GrtGzu
02-13-2017, 06:06 PM
I'm sittin" here watching this doc about "Hang On Sloopy - the Movie" and thought to myself - How come we don't have a TV channel on the sub-station dedicated to "classic Soul/Motown"? We already got old shows we can see from the 50's/60's that are classics, so why not that?

Like I said, it could be on a sub-channel like ME/TV-Antenna TV/ Cozi and the like....No cable involved although if you already have TWC/Spectrum, it will be included like the aforementioned channels are...

But who would be the sponsor[[s?) Gotta pay the bills...and would there be copyright infringements for media used that's not been allowed? I guess that's a whole other can of worms yet to be opened...

It would be ever so cool to see "footage never seen before" and artists who are still living [[some of which still come to this board and post) to give insight on their history and what they think about the industry as we know it today..

Forget "Unsung" - I thought the whole premise of that show was to showcase OLDER artists who paved the way for others and never got the recognition for their contributions....Pfft! - lately that hasn't been the case..I haven't been able to identify many of what I've seen as of late and it bores me quite frankly. Maybe I'm just "old".

And I don't wanna spend time watching stuff on U-tube or however you spell it....not tryin' to watch videos on a PC or the "phone" [[who knew that would ever come to fruition eh?) I wanna see stuff on TV - and with a fairly LARGE screen so I don't have to use my dolla-sto' readers...

I'm still waiting to see Gene Chandler showcased. And didn't somebody mention Blue Ivory and New Birth somewhere on this board the other day on here? Yeah! That would be"much goodly", I believe...

The other day I was watching this show on the Smithsonian channel about Rock n Roll inventions...They talked about how the syntheziser came into existence, and out of all the musicians who used it early, I didn't see them not ONCE talk about how Stevie Wonder used it on his "Innervisions" album [[which was absolute GOLD in my opinion)...That pissed me off....Not sure if they even gave Peter Frampton his due as well, cuz he used it too on "Frampton Comes Alive"...

See? That's the kinda stuff I wanna see...in addition to WHO made the tune, but also HOW it was made...

arr&bee
02-13-2017, 06:34 PM
Yeah that would be pretty cool,with ralph as the host.

ralpht
02-13-2017, 06:36 PM
Thank you for the suggestion arr&bee. I accept.

marv2
02-13-2017, 07:19 PM
Thank you for the suggestion arr&bee. I accept.

Ralph you would make a great host judging by the videos you and Russ have up on Youtube.

ralpht
02-13-2017, 11:40 PM
Thank you, Marv. Now all we need is a sponsor.

marv2
02-14-2017, 02:48 AM
Thank you, Marv. Now all we need is a sponsor.

hmmmmmm...........

GrtGzu
02-14-2017, 07:41 AM
hmmmmmm...........

Well if it's any indication, as it stands now all the commercials seen currently on the substations consist of perscription pills that few are able to afford, life insurance that needs to be bought before financial ruin ensues if you die, AARP stuff, and crap to buy if you fall down and can't get up. Oh and then there's those Niagra and Vitalis pills too...So I'm guessing they're catering to a certain demographic [[us ole folk)...and then there's the lawyers out there who advertise services if you wanna sue somebody for taking medicine that either kills you or make you wish you were dead.

So who would it be? I'd like to see a different kind of sponsor and not one that makes me feel like my days are numbered and therefore won't be able to watch the show in days to come, lol!

ralpht
02-14-2017, 06:49 PM
Good point GrtGzu.

marv2
02-14-2017, 07:47 PM
Well if it's any indication, as it stands now all the commercials seen currently on the substations consist of perscription pills that few are able to afford, life insurance that needs to be bought before financial ruin ensues if you die, AARP stuff, and crap to buy if you fall down and can't get up. Oh and then there's those Niagra and Vitalis pills too...So I'm guessing they're catering to a certain demographic [[us ole folk)...and then there's the lawyers out there who advertise services if you wanna sue somebody for taking medicine that either kills you or make you wish you were dead.

So who would it be? I'd like to see a different kind of sponsor and not one that makes me feel like my days are numbered and therefore won't be able to watch the show in days to come, lol!

We need someone like Art Van or a light equipment manufacturer.