PDA

View Full Version : Aretha Franklin set to retire after releasing new album

test

Motown Eddie
02-08-2017, 10:53 AM
Aretha Franklin to retire after releasing new album;

http://www.clickondetroit.com/entertainment/singer-aretha-franklin-i-am-retiring-this-year-after-release-of-new-album

sansradio
02-08-2017, 11:19 AM
Hmmm. Doesn't sound like a full retirement to me! We can only hope...

reese
02-08-2017, 11:58 AM
I've taken a wait and see on this one. Aretha said something similar back in 2003 and I went to five of her shows that year because I thought I wouldn't get the chance to see her again. Yet I've seen her almost every year since then. :-)

Of course, with the health challenges she's had in recent years, this time might be different. She certainly deserves her time to rest, after all she's given over the past 60 years.

sansradio
02-08-2017, 12:06 PM
Yeah, Reese, she's known for the Josephine-Baker-style eternal farewell, lol! She certainly deserves to slow down, for sure.

pghmusiclover
02-08-2017, 04:39 PM
...and I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the new album in September -- at least of THIS year!

Guy
02-08-2017, 07:19 PM
In a recent interview, a few years ago, Miss Franklin said something like she would "never" retire and that she would perform until her final days.

reese
02-08-2017, 09:27 PM
...and I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the new album in September -- at least of THIS year!

I'm sure that won't happen, especially if Stevie is contributing. Love him to death, but he is not known for adhering to deadlines.

luke
02-09-2017, 10:20 PM
You gotta love her. She loves to remind everyone once in awhile she's around and got things going on. Remember when she announced her marriage? Never happened. Aretha does select dates now, rarely venturing very far. Good she can do whatever she wants, the queen has that authority!

theboyfromxtown
02-10-2017, 03:11 AM
I'm sure that won't happen, especially if Stevie is contributing. Love him to death, but he is not known for adhering to deadlines.

Memories of Songs In the Key Of Life come to mind

glencro
02-10-2017, 05:32 AM
Hmmm. Doesn't sound like a full retirement to me! We can only hope...

LOLOL...too funny