PDA

View Full Version : Christina Aguilera to Sing Anthem at Super Bowl

test

jobeterob
01-14-2011, 08:04 PM
Christina Aguilera to Sing Anthem at Super Bowl

Christina Aguilera to open show, Black Eyed Peas will perform at halftime

The one and only Christina Aguilera will be on hand at this year's Super Bowl to sing the American national anthem.

The Dallas Morning News reports that Aguilera will sing The Star-Spangled Banner at the NFL championship game in Arlington, Texas on February 6. The performance will be scheduled to take place some time just before the game's 6:25 p.m. start, when the champions of the AFC and the NFC will collide at Cowboys Stadium.

It will be Aguilera's second time taking to the field of the biggest football game of the year. Back in 2000, Aguilera performed at the game's halftime show, taking to the stage to perform alongside Enrique Iglesias and veteran rocker Phil Collins.

This year's halftime show will reportedly be performed by hip-hop trendsetters The Black Eyed Peas.

Christina Aguilera's most recent album Bionic, was released last June.

topdiva1
01-14-2011, 08:10 PM
Surely she will soar - what a great talent and a great choice for Superbowl.

smark21
01-14-2011, 10:20 PM
I hope she resists the urge to oversing. She's in dire need of vocal training and singing lessons.

nomis
01-14-2011, 10:47 PM
your right Smark she oversings all the time I love female artists but I cant stomach her or Celine Dion..

topdiva1
01-14-2011, 11:28 PM
your right Smark she oversings all the time I love female artists but I cant stomach her or Celine Dion..

But that is how they both became famous by being over the top - However I think they both have good voices.

jobeterob
01-15-2011, 03:49 AM
A related question................so was she in the Burlesque movie with Cher? And this movie has got totally bust, has it?

ms_m
01-15-2011, 10:45 AM
First time I heard Christina Aguilera I was in a record store and this song was playing. I was drawn to the song so I bought her CD. Was disappointed with the rest of the CD but I've always loved this song. I think she has a good voice but I agree she could use vocal coaching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7L5o4zrf4s

smark21
01-15-2011, 02:30 PM
A related question................so was she in the Burlesque movie with Cher? And this movie has got totally bust, has it?

Google. Internet Movie Database. Both excellent resources to answer your questions. The movie did alright [[not a hit, but not a Battlefield Earth level flop either), but it got mostly bad reviews. It did get a Golden Globe nomination for Best Comedy/Musical, but everyone knows the Hollywood Foreign Press, which puts on the Globes, can be bought.