PDA

View Full Version : The Supremes Sing Holland/Dozier/Holland

test

Hitsville_Jazza
01-17-2017, 01:37 PM
Hey guys,

Classic Motown are featuring this album as their Album of the Month at the moment:

http://classic.motown.com/story/the-supremes-sing-hollanddozierholland-the-supremes/

Really interesting read and some great stories and quotes behind the album! So many great tracks but my favourite has to be "You Keep Me Hangin' On."

aarondillon2011@gmail.com
01-17-2017, 04:25 PM
I really love the album with the exception of Heatwave and It's The Same Old Song. I do hope we get this album in expanded form soon rather than a couple more years down the line. I wonder what could fill up the second disc though?

johnny_raven
01-17-2017, 06:53 PM
I really love the album with the exception of Heatwave and It's The Same Old Song. I do hope we get this album in expanded form soon rather than a couple more years down the line. I wonder what could fill up the second disc though?

Live at the Copa '67?

daviddh
01-17-2017, 07:45 PM
my fav lp by the supremes as well. Heatwave and Same Old Song were outtakes from Go Go. maybe they will find some unreleased 1967. I made my own version of Sing HDH by adding My World is Empty and Love Is An Itching In My Heart to fill out my deluxe version.

mysterysinger
01-21-2017, 07:20 PM
Preferred the UK title and cover - "The Supremes Sing Motown". Good album either way.

daviddh
01-21-2017, 09:12 PM
Great UK cover as well. I think I like it better but USA CV over art good to.

DWSheffer
01-21-2017, 11:32 PM
I play this LP quite frequently, my favorite song being "Love Is Here and Now You're Gone". The song is special to me as I own Lamont Dozier's BMI award for the song. Each time I look at it the song plays in my head!
I also have in my collection the original transparency used in the production of the album cover, from the collection of a gentleman who worked in the art department at Motown. It's hard to believe so many good songs will be turning 50 this year!
Darin