PDA

View Full Version : I believe it was 47 years ago today that's Miss Ross left the Supremes

test

Roberta75
01-14-2017, 03:37 PM
Last concert was at the Frontier Hotel in Vegas.

Bluebrock
01-14-2017, 07:22 PM
Last concert was at the Frontier Hotel in Vegas.
Yes it was. It was the end of one era and the beginning of another.

Roberta75
01-14-2017, 08:03 PM
Yes it was. It was the end of one era and the beginning of another.

Isnt that the truth my dear friend.

Fondly,

Roberta

daviddh
01-15-2017, 09:59 AM
heard this was filmed but then again was told no,
Deke Richards stated he didn't remember filming other than Dick Clark filmed some footage for AB

thanxal
01-15-2017, 02:27 PM
heard this was filmed but then again was told no,
Deke Richards stated he didn't remember filming other than Dick Clark filmed some footage for AB
It simply amazes me that this wasn't filmed. What an oversight! Even if there were cost or other objections, Berry should have overruled them.

The only event that eclipses this in my mind - in terms of being stunned it wasn't filmed - was Judy Garland at Carnegie Hall. That was truly a colossal oversight!

It was a different world then, I suppose.

midnightman
01-16-2017, 11:02 PM
^ I was stunned myself that Judy's Carnegie Hall performance wasn't filmed. One of the greatest live performances of all time not filmed. Shame...

Shame the Supremes' final performance with Diana at the Frontier Hotel was not filmed as well. Bummer.

marv2
01-16-2017, 11:25 PM
^ I was stunned myself that Judy's Carnegie Hall performance wasn't filmed. One of the greatest live performances of all time not filmed. Shame...

Shame the Supremes' final performance with Diana at the Frontier Hotel was not filmed as well. Bummer.

It was filmed. All shows during that last engagement at the Frontier.

Bluebrock
01-17-2017, 11:27 AM
It was filmed. All shows during that last engagement at the Frontier.
I do believe you are correct. In all honesty it was all about the occasion rather than the actual quality of the show and i am not that surprised it has never really seen the light of day.

midnightman
01-17-2017, 11:35 AM
Well if it was filmed, why hasn't anyone released it?!

It's probably all mangled by now, it's almost 50 years old.