PDA

View Full Version : Mary, Cindy, and Pedro

test

imakicola
01-13-2017, 02:28 PM
The whole Mary and Cindy thing confuses me so much. Ok so Cindy came back to replace Lynda when the group was kind of falling apart. That was awesome. But then Pedro took over and Cindy was upset with his decisions, shocked that Mary gave him "the power," and even called Mary "Boss" when Mary was taking things over. Then Pedro fired Cindy for being a pain and apparently gaining weight. So it ended badly...or so I thought.
Then when Mary and Pedro were facing lawsuits when Scherrie and Susaye left and had to fulfill contracts, Mary said Cindy was "happy" to come back when she and Pedro asked her to return. So maybe it didn't end as badly as I had thought? Does anyone know? Thanks!

marv2
01-13-2017, 04:47 PM
The whole Mary and Cindy thing confuses me so much. Ok so Cindy came back to replace Lynda when the group was kind of falling apart. That was awesome. But then Pedro took over and Cindy was upset with his decisions, shocked that Mary gave him "the power," and even called Mary "Boss" when Mary was taking things over. Then Pedro fired Cindy for being a pain and apparently gaining weight. So it ended badly...or so I thought.
Then when Mary and Pedro were facing lawsuits when Scherrie and Susaye left and had to fulfill contracts, Mary said Cindy was "happy" to come back when she and Pedro asked her to return. So maybe it didn't end as badly as I had thought? Does anyone know? Thanks!

They were all friends. Still are.

jobeterob
01-13-2017, 08:07 PM
You kind of get over the bullshit and grow up.

Like all the other groups, they had their up and downs; they did what they had to in order to survive.

They had some hits; some of them were able to continue on and make a career out of their connections and hits.

BayouMotownMan
01-13-2017, 09:25 PM
Cindy and Scherrie loathed Pedro. After Cindy's husband was out of the picture Pedro picked on Cindy mercilessly. All of the ladies tolerated Pedro for Mary. The whole purpose of Pedro firing Cindy was because he was scared Mary might start listening to Cindy instead of him.

marv2
01-13-2017, 09:44 PM
Cindy and Scherrie loathed Pedro. After Cindy's husband was out of the picture Pedro picked on Cindy mercilessly. All of the ladies tolerated Pedro for Mary. The whole purpose of Pedro firing Cindy was because he was scared Mary might start listening to Cindy instead of him.

Yet, he shows up in 2014 for the fundraiser held for Cindy. The stuff you are talking about happen 40 years ago.

thanxal
01-13-2017, 10:13 PM
The stuff you are talking about happen 40 years ago.
Should you be so generous to all members of the Motown family.

Roberta75
01-13-2017, 10:39 PM
The stuff you are talking about happen 40 years ago.

Yet you carp on and on and on and on about stuff Diane may or may not have done when she was with the Supremes 50 years ago. Youve got zero credebillity around here. The truth is Pedro Ferrer beat his wife to a pulp for more than 15 year and nearly everrone at Motown despised him. Hes a woman beater and the lowest form of scum IMO.

TomatoTom123
01-14-2017, 10:34 AM
Who is Pedro? There's not a lot about him online...?

thanxal
01-14-2017, 10:53 AM
Read Mary's books.

luke
01-14-2017, 11:10 AM
Pedro was Mary's husband who took over managing the Supremes after Scherrie joined.

jobucats
01-14-2017, 11:17 AM
Here we go again.....

Bluebrock
01-15-2017, 04:37 AM
The less people know about Pedro the better.

marv2
01-15-2017, 08:07 AM

He was the Supremes manager from roughly 1974-77. Him a Grandpa now. LOL!!!!

TomatoTom123
01-15-2017, 08:42 AM
Pedro was Mary's husband who took over managing the Supremes after Scherrie joined.

Ah right! Thanks luke & marv
Great photo by the way

Bluebrock
01-15-2017, 12:38 PM

So are many of us from that era.

honest man
01-15-2017, 03:25 PM

12424 Funnily enough i thought he looked like he could have been Mary's grandson,was she older than him,looks like.cheers.

midnightman
01-16-2017, 11:17 PM
Those '70s bow ties. YUCK!

I didn't mind them on Marvin but the rest? No.

Bluebrock
01-17-2017, 11:29 AM

It was the fashion of the time. I am sure everyone involved cringes when they see these pics. It is an occasion best forgotten by everyone.

midnightman
01-17-2017, 11:36 AM
^ True lol

I wonder if any of the male Motowners ever complained about those bow ties too lol

Motown Eddie
01-17-2017, 12:56 PM

Perhaps Cindy realized the tough spot Mary was in when she was facing lawsuits and did it for her despite her feelings about Pedro. Would love to see an interview [[or a book) about Cindy Birdsong to get her view on what happened at this time.

floyjoy678
01-17-2017, 06:59 PM
And what a horrible manager he was. Not much of a looker either. Always thought what was a beautiful woman like Mary doing with a basic looking guy like him.

luke
01-18-2017, 12:34 AM
Cindy started a book years ago but her manager at the time told me she hadn't finished it. I doubt it will see the light of day.

marv2
01-18-2017, 02:57 AM
And what a horrible manager he was. Not much of a looker either. Always thought what was a beautiful woman like Mary doing with a basic looking guy like him.

She said she initially dated him because of his looks.

marv2
01-18-2017, 03:02 AM
Cindy started a book years ago but her manager at the time told me she hadn't finished it. I doubt it will see the light of day.

I've been hearing about Cindy's book for more than 20 years now

luke
01-18-2017, 10:34 AM
Great pic! Yep. That's why I said I doubted it will ever see the light of day.

Bluebrock
01-18-2017, 02:31 PM
Perhaps Cindy realized the tough spot Mary was in when she was facing lawsuits and did it for her despite her feelings about Pedro. Would love to see an interview [[or a book) about Cindy Birdsong to get her view on what happened at this time.
Cindy is not well enough to complete her book which is just as well. If she told the truth many people on here would be up in arms. It is best this way,

luke
01-18-2017, 02:55 PM
Although some say her intent was to keep it all nice.

imakicola
01-18-2017, 04:46 PM

Bow ties have been back for years now. Except not ugly ones like that one. Smaller...and real always better than fake.

marv2
01-18-2017, 05:33 PM
Bow ties have been back for years now. Except not ugly ones like that one. Smaller...and real always better than fake.

I wore ones like that . Everyone did that wore tuxedos in the mid-70s. Remember the ruffled tuxedo shirts and cummabunds? I also remember all the different colors. You picked your tux to match your girlfriend's dress for proms, homecomings etc. I've had them from every color from lime green, sky blue crush velvet, to light orange...hehehehehehehehehe!