View Full Version : INCOGNITO featuring Jocelyn Brown & Maysa NIGHTS OVER EGYPT

test

glencro
01-05-2017, 10:33 PM
THIS PERFORMANCE MADE MY DAY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkjqPktVnOs

manny
01-06-2017, 03:01 PM
Very "High inergy / bombastic" live version [[they have many others on the so many live performances, with Maysa on leads or Imany,...). I have the "original" by Incognito on their "No Time Like The Future" excellent album [[and, of course the real original by The Jones Girls). But, IMHO, the definitive "super - high inergy" cover is the one on the Incognito 2001 CD "The Future Remixed" [[TalkinīLoud, 2001) that seems the same of the "No Time Like The Future" album remixed by Masters At Work. SUBLIME!

Bluebrock
01-08-2017, 06:01 AM
Very "High inergy / bombastic" live version [[they have many others on the so many live performances, with Maysa on leads or Imany,...). I have the "original" by Incognito on their "No Time Like The Future" excellent album [[and, of course the real original by The Jones Girls). But, IMHO, the definitive "super - high inergy" cover is the one on the Incognito 2001 CD "The Future Remixed" [[TalkinīLoud, 2001) that seems the same of the "No Time Like The Future" album remixed by Masters At Work. SUBLIME!
I think i would agree with you manny. Nothing will ever beat the Jones Girls original, but the masters at work remix of this is pretty damn good.

manny
01-08-2017, 09:39 AM
I think i would agree with you manny. Nothing will ever beat the Jones Girls original, but the masters at work remix of this is pretty damn good.

In fact, I should to confess that I discovered Incognito in a Jazz-Funk VV. AA. compilation that includes their cover of Ronnie Laws "Always There" [[featuring Jocelyn Brown) and little after I found in a music store the CD "Future Remixed",... so this album have a "plus value" to me,... was the first. There's so many mellow numbers [[as "Marrakesh") and hypnotic rhythm numbers as the mentioned cover of "Nights Over Egypt" or the fantastic "Port Louis" [[that NOT belongs to no one album!) with a nice part of brazilian "cuica"!!

sansradio
01-08-2017, 11:40 AM
I agree that, while no one will ever top The Jones Girls' version, this is outstanding. Two great voices. Thanks for this.