PDA

View Full Version : The Diana Ross Project Turns 5

test

jobeterob
01-05-2017, 02:17 PM
The “Project” Turns 5!
Posted on January 1, 2017 by Paul
Happy New Year!

Along with being the first day of 2017, today also marks the 5th anniversary of The Diana Ross Project. I started writing track-by-track reviews of every Diana Ross album back in January of 2012 simply because it’s the kind of information I couldn’t find on the Internet. Everybody seemed to have an opinion about the singer’s voice, career, and persona, but very few had actually critically evaluated the singer’s work in a way that seemed meaningful or thorough.

So I started writing…with no idea that anybody would actually read the posts or comment on them. I certainly didn’t expect to hear from fans in countries I’d never even heard of. And I definitely didn’t expect to hear from people who’d actually worked with Miss Ross during her career. All of it has been a sincere surprise, and I’m so grateful that this has become a little corner of the Internet where fans can have a respectful discussion about the work and career of Diana Ross. Thank you for coming along for the ride.

Hopefully 2017 will bring new music for me to write about and for all of us to discuss — it sounds like we’ll be getting an Expanded Edition of The Supremes A’ Go-Go very soon, with a stellar alternate mix of Diana’s solo “These Boots Are Made For Walkin'” included. And, of course, we can all wish for something new from Miss Ross herself; if her recent shows with the NSO Pops at The Kennedy Center are any indication, her voice is in superb shape. Watching clips of her performing songs like “It’s My Turn,” “If We Hold On Together,” and “The Best Years Of My Life” again was the perfect soothing end to a tumultuous 2016.

And, of course, if somehow, someday Miss Diana Ross gets any word about this website, I hope she knows how important she’s been in the lives of its writer and its readers. Here’s to five more “best years” ahead!

Bluebrock
01-05-2017, 06:40 PM
The “Project” Turns 5!
Happy New Year!

Along with being the first day of 2017, today also marks the 5th anniversary of The Diana Ross Project. I started writing track-by-track reviews of every Diana Ross album back in January of 2012 simply because it’s the kind of information I couldn’t find on the Internet. Everybody seemed to have an opinion about the singer’s voice, career, and persona, but very few had actually critically evaluated the singer’s work in a way that seemed meaningful or thorough.

So I started writing…with no idea that anybody would actually read the posts or comment on them. I certainly didn’t expect to hear from fans in countries I’d never even heard of. And I definitely didn’t expect to hear from people who’d actually worked with Miss Ross during her career. All of it has been a sincere surprise, and I’m so grateful that this has become a little corner of the Internet where fans can have a respectful discussion about the work and career of Diana Ross. Thank you for coming along for the ride.

Hopefully 2017 will bring new music for me to write about and for all of us to discuss — it sounds like we’ll be getting an Expanded Edition of The Supremes A’ Go-Go very soon, with a stellar alternate mix of Diana’s solo “These Boots Are Made For Walkin'” included. And, of course, we can all wish for something new from Miss Ross herself; if her recent shows with the NSO Pops at The Kennedy Center are any indication, her voice is in superb shape. Watching clips of her performing songs like “It’s My Turn,” “If We Hold On Together,” and “The Best Years Of My Life” again was the perfect soothing end to a tumultuous 2016.

And, of course, if somehow, someday Miss Diana Ross gets any word about this website, I hope she knows how important she’s been in the lives of its writer and its readers. Here’s to five more “best years” ahead!
She is aware of this site and pays the occasional visit. but it is her son Evan who is the more regular visitor. Well done for all you have done for Diana's fans.

arr&bee
01-05-2017, 06:49 PM
Wow,i don't pay too much attention here,but that's impressive.

thanxal
01-05-2017, 06:50 PM
She is aware of this site and pays the occasional visit.
Well, that's frightening given the routinely nasty things said about her here. I hope she knows this is just a few nasty, vile people and most of us love and admire her and every single other member of the Motown family.

jobeterob
01-05-2017, 07:26 PM
I am not the Diana Ross Project author - I just noticed this today and posted.

I wouldn't worry about Diana Ross and trolls; she and people like Madonna and Beyoncé know all about trolls and they know when they become dangerous and they know about security.

And I fully believe every other person that was a Supreme ever also knows about trolls and how to deal with them.

Motown Eddie
01-06-2017, 12:56 PM
The “Project” Turns 5!
Happy New Year!

[[Beleated) Happy 5th Birthday to the Diana Ross Project. I enjoy the track-by-track reviews of the albums and the trivia info that pops up from time to time. Keep up the good work [[and consider doing another "project" on another Motown artist).

Bluebrock
01-06-2017, 02:15 PM
Well, that's frightening given the routinely nasty things said about her here. I hope she knows this is just a few nasty, vile people and most of us love and admire her and every single other member of the Motown family.
She is well aware of it and takes little notice of it. I could say more here but it is best to keep things reasonably respectful, but there is one post from a particular member last year which shall we say caused much mirth and uproar. I almost wish i could tell you but i will merely say you need not worry about Diana. No Sir.

jobeterob
01-06-2017, 03:04 PM
She is well aware of it and takes little notice of it. I could say more here but it is best to keep things reasonably respectful, but there is one post from a particular member last year which shall we say caused much mirth and uproar. I almost wish i could tell you but i will merely say you need not worry about Diana. No Sir.

I would be very pleased if it were one where I stood up in her defence

Likely it's not but here's hoping

Bluebrock
01-06-2017, 04:04 PM
I would be very pleased if it were one where I stood up in her defence

Likely it's not but here's hoping
I will have to check on that jobeterob!!

jobeterob
01-06-2017, 05:06 PM
You've added a lot of relevance to the forum Bluebrock

Thank you for that

sophisticated_soul
01-06-2017, 07:08 PM
Belated Happy Birthday to The Diana Ross Project. Wishing you many more birthdays!:)

sophisticated_soul
01-06-2017, 07:12 PM

Thank you for that

Yes, my thanks to Bluebrock too. Your information and insights are always interesting and very much appreciated.:)

Bluebrock
01-07-2017, 04:29 AM

Thank you for that
Thank you my friend

Bluebrock
01-07-2017, 04:30 AM
Yes, my thanks to Bluebrock too. Your information and insights are always interesting and very much appreciated.:)
Thank you for the kind words.

Roberta75
01-08-2017, 02:55 PM
You are a wealth off knowledge and a positive force in this here forum dear Bluebrock and one of lifes true gentlemen.

yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

Bluebrock
01-08-2017, 03:14 PM
You are a wealth off knowledge and a positive force in this here forum dear Bluebrock and one of lifes true gentlemen.

yours, with every good wish.

Roberta
Much love heading your way Roberta xx