PDA

View Full Version : Motown Corporate Calendars

test

woodward
12-30-2016, 11:07 AM
Trivia question. Does anyone have any knowledge of Motown ever issuing a corporate wall or desk calendar that were used in company offices? I have never seen one, but most large companies issue them for use internally.

I am not referring to the Motown Museum calendar issued at the turn of the century.

Any knowledge of any being issued? Thanks.

bradsupremes
12-30-2016, 05:03 PM
Trivia question. Does anyone have any knowledge of Motown ever issuing a corporate wall or desk calendar that were used in company offices? I have never seen one, but most large companies issue them for use internally.

I am not referring to the Motown Museum calendar issued at the turn of the century.

Any knowledge of any being issued? Thanks.

I don't know about the calendars in company offices, but I do remember in the late 90's, possibly for Motown 40, there was a Motown calendar you could purchase in the stores. I believe they only did it once. Wish they'd continue it.

woodward
12-30-2016, 05:46 PM
I don't know about the calendars in company offices, but I do remember in the late 90's, possibly for Motown 40, there was a Motown calendar you could purchase in the stores. I believe they only did it once. Wish they'd continue it.

I do know that there was a Motown Historical Museum - Motown - The Early Years Calendar for 2001. It was published by Universe Publishing in NYC.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTOWN-THE-EARLY-YEARS-THE-SUPREMES-MARY-WELLS-CALENDAR-IN-ITS-PLASTIC-WRAP-/351626375655?hash=item51de90b1e7:g:lqAAAOSw5dNWkvl v

I personally was involved in the research for the calendar. As such I was credited in the introduction to the calendar.

I hope someone can come up with a corporate or company office calendar which was produced. I would love to see one or two.

edafan
12-30-2016, 06:41 PM
I still have 2 copies of the 2001 and 2 copies of the 2002.

I can now use the 2001 again because the dates match 2017.

I'm wrong the dates don't match. I can use it in 2018

edafan

bradsupremes
12-30-2016, 07:05 PM
The 2001 was one I remember! That's the one I was talking about.

edafan
12-30-2016, 08:45 PM
The 2001 was one I remember! That's the one I was talking about.

I can't part with them.

The photos are great.

edafan