PDA

View Full Version : Reel Music Records

test

soulster
08-03-2010, 10:59 PM
http://myreelmusic.com/

Is anyone familiar with this relatively new record label? I have a couple of their CDs and they sound fantastic.

I really hope to see good things from them.

Motown Andy
08-04-2010, 12:07 AM
Reel Music is fantastic. So is Big Break Records. They're at the top of my list of boutique labels with exceptional product.

copley
08-04-2010, 04:52 AM
Reel Music is putting out all the greats that the big boys won't. Well done Mr Williams.

padlock1
08-04-2010, 11:18 AM
Reel Music reissued Goddess Of Love by Phyllis Hyman. i'm very happy with it. it completed my CD collection of hers. i have all 9 albums now on CD. :D

carlo
08-04-2010, 04:44 PM
I still gotta get "Goddess of Love"! :)

I have the Chris Clark reissue from Reel and the sound quality is really good. Reel Music has superb sound quality. You can tell a lot of effort and care goes into the releases.

waldo
08-06-2010, 05:36 AM
I still gotta get "Goddess of Love"! :)

Reel Music has superb sound quality. You can tell a lot of effort and care goes into the releases.

i agree. and the best part. they are open to future release suggestions. i said i wanted Syreeta's Set My Love In Motion and Betty Wright's Wright Back At You amongst others.

kevgo
08-06-2010, 12:30 PM
Reel Music's main man is Paul Williams, who served as RCA Victor's reissue producer for several pop & soul releases in the 1990s. His work is excellent and the sound quality of the discs he's remastered & produced is stellar.

Kevin Goins - KevGo

tomato tom
08-13-2010, 02:48 PM
I bought Yvonne Fair THE BITCH IS BLACK and Gloria Jones SHARE MY LOVE re-issues from them, and they are both excellent! Sound quality is top notch, and the packaging Superb. Getting Bettye Lavettes TELL ME LIE next, then will get Phyllis Hyman, as I love her voice too...PAULO XXX

tomato tom
08-13-2010, 02:49 PM
Forgot that I also bought CHRIS CLARKS SOUL SOUNDS..Ditto the above..Paulo XXX

theboyfromxtown
08-14-2010, 11:30 AM
Paulo

Save yourself big money in the future by getting yourself Gordon Staples, Freda Payne and Edna Wright now at a good price. But still play the Miracles first.

Gloria Scott's album is a real good one to add to the list.

And should Paul Williams ever ask for suggestions for future releases, I want you to say "Leslie Uggams please Paul". Thank you our young SDF-er. BTW, did you move from Canada yesterday....are you still in transit? LOL

tomato tom
08-15-2010, 05:41 PM
Thanks 4 the info. Hey, how did you know I have the Leslie Uggams album? And YES I will request that, and the Lesley Gore album too. I dont have that one..Paulo xxx

timmyfunk
11-04-2013, 06:37 PM
They've also reissued Eddie Hazel's Game Dames album from 1977, and the first two albums by the P-Funk spin off act Parlet.