PDA

View Full Version : San Remo Golden Strings members/photos

test

woodward
12-25-2016, 12:23 PM
I am certain most readers are aware that the SRGS had a huge release on Ric Tic and after Ric Tic was absorbed into Motown, there was a 45 release on the Gordy label as well as two albums in late 67 early 68. The group consisted of a combination of members of the Detroit Symphony Orchestra and the Funk Brothers.

Has anyone ever seen a group photo much like Motown generated for most of their recording artists and groups? I have not, but I am not an expert.

ralpht
12-25-2016, 12:50 PM
Woodward,
I have to wonder if Ed Wingate couldn't post a promo photo because most of the rhythm section WAS the Funk Brothers, supposedly exclusive to Motown. As far as the symphony guys, I can't say. He got the idea for the album after he and Joann Bratton had returned from a trip to Italy. Apparently he was impressed with San Remo.

StuBass1
12-25-2016, 05:16 PM
Woodward,
I have to wonder if Ed Wingate couldn't post a promo photo because most of the rhythm section WAS the Funk Brothers, supposedly exclusive to Motown. As far as the symphony guys, I can't say. He got the idea for the album after he and Joann Bratton had returned from a trip to Italy. Apparently he was impressed with San Remo. True...It was Gordon Staples strings [[obviously not under exclusive contract to Motown since many were players in the DSO), and several of Motown's Rhythm section guys [[including some Funk Brothers)