PDA

View Full Version : Gladys Knight & the Pips "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling" Live

test

Luciano
12-24-2016, 11:00 AM
A live performance of their cover of "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling" from their Silk N' Soul album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNajl5gtw7w

Bluebrock
12-24-2016, 12:46 PM
A live performance of their cover of "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling" from their Silk N' Soul album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNajl5gtw7w
Oh Gladys. You just kill me each and every time. If there has ever been a finer female vocalist then please point me in her direction as i would love to hear her. I just run out of plaudits when praising this lady, and she still sounds magnificent. Forget Aretha, Gladys is the best in my opinion.Thanks for posting. Great version of course.

marv2
12-24-2016, 02:34 PM
This was great. Thank you so much for sharing it Luciano.

Roberta75
12-24-2016, 02:49 PM
Oh Gladys. You just kill me each and every time. If there has ever been a finer female vocalist then please point me in her direction as i would love to hear her. I just run out of plaudits when praising this lady, and she still sounds magnificent. Forget Aretha, Gladys is the best in my opinion.Thanks for posting. Great version of course.

And for me she comes across as real phony. Different stokes for different folks my dear Bluebrock but Im real glad you enjoy her.

Merry Christmas dear friend.

Roberta

Luciano
12-24-2016, 05:21 PM
You guys are welcome. Have a happy holiday.

Bluebrock
12-24-2016, 07:29 PM
[QUOTE=Roberta75;362729]And for me she comes across as real phony. Different stokes for different folks my dear Bluebrock but Im real glad you enjoy her.

Merry Christmas dear friend.
It would be a dull old world if we agreed on everything Roberta. I don't know Gladys very well but i have never encountered a problem with her and i just adore this ladies voice.
You have a blessed Christmas too. You certainly deserve to and it is my privilege to be your friend within this forum and outside of it too.

midnightman
12-24-2016, 09:12 PM
Wait, how is she [[Gladys) phony??? LOL

Anyway, Ms. Knight can sing the phone book and it would be great. She's up there with Aretha, Patti, Whitney and Karen Clark Sheard as one of THE greatest vocalists of all time who are just gifted and blessed.

Bluebrock
12-25-2016, 04:58 AM
Wait, how is she [[Gladys) phony??? LOL

Anyway, Ms. Knight can sing the phone book and it would be great. She's up there with Aretha, Patti, Whitney and Karen Clark Sheard as one of THE greatest vocalists of all time who are just gifted and blessed.
Totally agree midnightman. In my opinion she is better than any of the greats you list above, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

TomatoTom123
12-25-2016, 08:18 AM
Totally agree midnightman. In my opinion she is better than any of the greats you list above, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I agree, I love all of them but Gladys is probably the best soul singer EVER! Definitely the best vocalist in the genre

midnightman
12-25-2016, 01:50 PM

No arguments here. :D

Luciano
12-25-2016, 02:12 PM
Agree - Same here!

But respect all those and some not listed.

imnokid
12-28-2016, 01:58 AM
Gladys is perhaps my second favorite female singer. Great phrasing and never over-souls ala Patti, Aretha, and a host of others/