PDA

View Full Version : Good News For PHILLY SOUL and LESLEY GORE fans!

test

Philles/Motown Gary
12-20-2016, 05:01 PM
Second Disc Records/Real Gone Music has just announced their February CD release schedule which includes Thom Bell's Soundtrack recording of "The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh" as well as Lesley Gore's long-awaited "Love Me By Name" album. This is great news just in time for Christmas! Both titles are now available for Pre-Order on Amazon.Here's the link containing more information:

http://theseconddisc.com/2016/12/never-ending-song-of-love-real-gones-february-slate-includes-delaney-bonnie-lesley-gore-duke-ellington-lynn-anderson-more/

sophisticated_soul
12-20-2016, 05:08 PM
Thanks, great news! I love Lesley Gore's "Love Me By Name", it is a superb album! Finally it is going to be available on CD. Oh happy day!:)

Philles/Motown Gary
12-20-2016, 11:17 PM
Thanks, great news! I love Lesley Gore's "Love Me By Name", it is a superb album! Finally it is going to be available on CD. Oh happy day!:)
You're welcome, sophisticated_soul.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT: In the above RealGoneMusic link for Thom Bell's "Fish/Pittsburgh" soundtrack and Lesley Gore, there is also the reissue of a Delaney & Bonnie CD. Bonnie Bramlett recorded with her husband, Delaney, back in the 1960's. [[They were similar in sound to Motown's Stoney & Meatloaf). Bonnie went solo after recording with her husband and, to my knowledge, is still recording R&B music to this day. For anyone who may not remember her, Bonnie was an actress who had a recurring role on the sit-com ROSEANNE. Bonnie worked behind Rodbell's lunch counter at the mall with Roseanne. In one particular episode, Roseanne & Dan hosted a back-yard picnic with their family and friends. At the end of the episode, the gang was sitting on the picnic table singing a particularly good version of Smokey's "You've Really Got A Hold On Me". When Bonnie sang her solo part, she was incredible! She inspired me to search out her CD's, which I now, thankfully, have in my collection.

jack020
12-21-2016, 02:59 AM
I have LMBN on vinyl. The Fish I never bought so it is nice that it will be on cd. :)

manny
12-21-2016, 08:23 AM
I have been heard around a year ago the complete track list of the Thom Bell's OST "The Fish That saved Pittsburgh" on a soul music blog [[don't remember on wich, I have dozens on "favorites"!).

Instrumentals credited to "Thom Bell Orchestra", a track by The Four Tops that starts with "vocal arp" and the one by Frankie Bleu sound [["Moses Theme" ?) sounds great! As the jazzy one by Eubie Banks. There's also a track by Loretta Lynn that I wonder if is the same Loretta Lynn who sang country music [[?).

GOOD NEWS FOR US, THE PHILLY SOUL LOVERS!

thommg
12-21-2016, 03:52 PM
You're welcome, sophisticated_soul.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT: In the above RealGoneMusic link for Thom Bell's "Fish/Pittsburgh" soundtrack and Lesley Gore, there is also the reissue of a Delaney & Bonnie CD. Bonnie Bramlett recorded with her husband, Delaney, back in the 1960's. [[They were similar in sound to Motown's Stoney & Meatloaf). Bonnie went solo after recording with her husband and, to my knowledge, is still recording R&B music to this day. For anyone who may not remember her, Bonnie was an actress who had a recurring role on the sit-com ROSEANNE. Bonnie worked behind Rodbell's lunch counter at the mall with Roseanne. In one particular episode, Roseanne & Dan hosted a back-yard picnic with their family and friends. At the end of the episode, the gang was sitting on the picnic table singing a particularly good version of Smokey's "You've Really Got A Hold On Me". When Bonnie sang her solo part, she was incredible! She inspired me to search out her CD's, which I now, thankfully, have in my collection.

Gary, I am right with you concerning Bonnie Bramlett. I knew who she was when she showed up on Roseanne but her singing in that episode blew me away - and evidently did the same to those on the set. Their faces as they watch her sing tell us everything! I then went out and bought Ladies Choice and Roots, Blues and Jazz. I love them both. Very excited for this new Delaney & Bonnie release. Oh, and also for Lesley Gore. That is a superb album.

sophisticated_soul
12-21-2016, 04:00 PM
There's also a track by Loretta Lynn that I wonder if is the same Loretta Lynn who sang country music [[?).

Yes it is. Loretta Lynn and Frankie Bleu sing a lovely duet, "Is It Love, Must Be Love".

Philles/Motown Gary
12-22-2016, 09:32 AM
Gary, I am right with you concerning Bonnie Bramlett. I knew who she was when she showed up on Roseanne but her singing in that episode blew me away - and evidently did the same to those on the set. Their faces as they watch her sing tell us everything! I then went out and bought Ladies Choice and Roots, Blues and Jazz. I love them both. Very excited for this new Delaney & Bonnie release. Oh, and also for Lesley Gore. That is a superb album.
Yeah, Thom, Bonnie's performance in that scene [[combined with the cast's facial expressions) gave me goosebumps! I've always wondered if Smokey ever saw that episode. If he did, he must have felt rightly proud to hear his masterpiece being given such justice.

Thom, you also should check out Bonnie's CD's "I'm Still The Same"; "Piece Of My Heart: Best Of 1969-1978"; "It's Time"/"Ladies' Choice" [[2-fer); and her latest CD titled "Beautiful".

thommg
12-22-2016, 12:02 PM
Yeah, Thom, Bonnie's performance in that scene [[combined with the cast's facial expressions) gave me goosebumps! I've always wondered if Smokey ever saw that episode. If he did, he must have felt rightly proud to hear his masterpiece being given such justice.

Thom, you also should check out Bonnie's CD's "I'm Still The Same"; "Piece Of My Heart: Best Of 1969-1978"; "It's Time"/"Ladies' Choice" [[2-fer); and her latest CD titled "Beautiful".

Thanks for the reccomends. You have never steered me wrong when suggesting music, Gary! [[i.e., XIT, for example).

Philles/Motown Gary
12-22-2016, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the reccomends. You have never steered me wrong when suggesting music, Gary! [[i.e., XIT, for example).
You're welcome, Thom. And thank YOU for the compliment!