PDA

View Full Version : The Marvelettes - Rainy Morning [[1969) Rare Video Footage!

test

marv2
12-12-2016, 09:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peS0zeluQv0

Sharpmoves
12-12-2016, 10:22 AM
What a fabulous video Marv! Thank you so much for posting it. Lovely to see the Marvelettes getting treated like the stars they were, and taking it with genuine grace and playful humour. So good to watch, and how beautiful they were then, especially Wanda. Rainy Mourning it says on my copy of In Full Bloom. Is that another blooper?

marv2
12-12-2016, 10:34 AM
What a fabulous video Marv! Thank you so much for posting it. Lovely to see the Marvelettes getting treated like the stars they were, and taking it with genuine grace and playful humour. So good to watch, and how beautiful they were then, especially Wanda. Rainy Mourning it says on my copy of In Full Bloom. Is that another blooper?

You're welcome Sharpmoves. Check out the other thread for "Young & In Love".

motownjohnny
12-12-2016, 11:36 AM
Marv, strange as it may seem "Rainy Mourning" is the correct title of the song. Although it appears on the "In Full Bloom" album released in 1969 it was actually recorded in late 1966 and for some reason never included on any of the subsequent album or single releases till it was lifted from "In Full Bloom" and released as the flip side of "That's How Heartaches Are Made".

marv2
12-12-2016, 12:06 PM
Marv, strange as it may seem "Rainy Mourning" is the correct title of the song. Although it appears on the "In Full Bloom" album released in 1969 it was actually recorded in late 1966 and for some reason never included on any of the subsequent album or single releases till it was lifted from "In Full Bloom" and released as the flip side of "That's How Heartaches Are Made".

Thank you MotownJohnny. It is a great song. It always amazed me how Motown would include songs that were several years old as the B-side to a newly released single.

franjoy56
12-13-2016, 11:30 PM
This is wonderful seeing t group in unreleased footage especially on t anniv of m p m #1 12. 11. 61

franjoy56
12-14-2016, 01:31 AM
Please mr postman