test

marv2
12-10-2016, 09:09 AM
Documentary Coming Soon........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM4Ny6xR4Ks

edafan
12-10-2016, 09:00 PM
Great news:

It is sad to say that a lot of them have passed on.

edafan

marv2
12-10-2016, 11:45 PM
Great news:

It is sad to say that a lot of them have passed on.

edafan

Right. It is so important to keep their memory alive. I am thankful that a documentary is forthcoming.

robb_k
12-11-2016, 02:37 AM
It looks terrific! I can't wait to see and hear it!

woodward
12-11-2016, 04:32 PM
I think it is available as we speak. Access www.easzmusic.org. Click on the video icon. Scroll down - Parham introduces the documentary - Unsung Musicians of Motown. Click on the MORE icon. The second comment takes you to www.eamtradio.com/dvd-documentary/ and it shows that you can order it at the point for $20.00 plus $7.00 shipping and handling.

marv2
12-11-2016, 05:18 PM
I think it is available as we speak. Access www.easzmusic.org. Click on the video icon. Scroll down - Parham introduces the documentary - Unsung Musicians of Motown. Click on the MORE icon. The second comment takes you to www.eamtradio.com/dvd-documentary/ and it shows that you can order it at the point for $20.00 plus $7.00 shipping and handling.

Thank you very much Woodward!

ralpht
12-11-2016, 10:38 PM
This confuses me somewhat. I don't recognize the musicians in the promo. And no mention of the Funk Brothers? Maybe I need to watch the video again.

ralpht
12-11-2016, 10:43 PM
Well Marcus and Beans....but most...Just watched it again. Might have noticed Paul Riser, but the rest of this is somewhat of a mystery to me. Someone care to enlighten me?

edafan
12-11-2016, 10:47 PM
This confuses me somewhat. I don't recognize the musicians in the promo. And no mention of the Funk Brothers? Maybe I need to watch the video again.

I agree: Didn't Standing In The Shadows of Motown cover this subject.
This looks like it emphasizes the horn players.

edafan

StuBass1
12-12-2016, 02:50 AM
This confuses me somewhat. I don't recognize the musicians in the promo. And no mention of the Funk Brothers? Maybe I need to watch the video again. I spoke with Duane on a few occasions about his project. Yes, SITSOM focused and was about the Funk Brothers and Duane, being a horn player himself, wanted to do a project about the other musicians, sans Funk Brothers who had already gained much notoriety from Allan Slutskys project. Obviously, SITSOM was a much higher budget project, but Duane did a nice job introducing the other Motown musicians on his project...Another friend of mine, Gil Baker has vast video he did with many legendary session musicians from the Wrecking Crew guys, to Muscle Shoals, Philly guys, Memphis musicians etc in a project he is working on called "Session Men"...Many greats like Glen Campbell, Hal Blaine, and all the others as he travelled and built up his film vault going back to the 90's. You can find some of the uncut material on YouTube under "Session Men". Some amazing stuff with many legendary musicians and artists...WOrking on wrappng up the project, finish funding, and putting all the raw video together...

marv2
12-12-2016, 09:50 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqf90P3h1jA

edafan
12-12-2016, 12:03 PM
Hopefully it will mention if Maurice Davis did that great trumpet solo at the beginning of Papa Was A Rolling Stone in 1972. I hope my information is correct.

edafan

StuBass1
12-12-2016, 07:43 PM
SLightly off topic [[Motown)...but here's a sample of my friend Gil Bakers forthcoming documentary...Session Men... https://youtu.be/w9-FfwwXRDg