PDA

View Full Version : Temptations -Sweetest Thing This Side of Heaven?

test

lockhartgary
12-07-2016, 08:25 PM
The Temptations, on their Live at London's Talk of the Town, sing a snippet of "Sweetest Thing This Side of Heaven." Did they ever record a studio version of this song or sing it live? Eddie would have been a good fit as lead singer.

marv2
12-09-2016, 05:53 AM
I don't think they ever recorded it.

Motown Eddie
12-10-2016, 09:16 AM
The Temptations, on their Live at London's Talk of the Town, sing a snippet of "Sweetest Thing This Side of Heaven." Did they ever record a studio version of this song or sing it live? Eddie would have been a good fit as lead singer.

That's true; The Temptations with Eddie Kendricks' lead would've done a killer version of 'Sweetest Thing This Side Of Heaven'. According to the Don't Forget The Motor City website, The Tempts did not record the song in the studio [[and I don't know if they ever did it live in concert other than the segment included on Live at London's Talk of the Town).

reese
12-10-2016, 11:46 AM
That's true; The Temptations with Eddie Kendricks' lead would've done a killer version of 'Sweetest Thing This Side Of Heaven'. According to the Don't Forget The Motor City website, The Tempts did not record the song in the studio [[and I don't know if they ever did it live in concert other than the segment included on Live at London's Talk of the Town).

I think it might have also been done on either or both the LIVE AT THE COPA and THE TEMPTATIONS SHOW albums.

motownjohnny
12-12-2016, 11:06 AM
The Temps version of "Sweetest Thing This Side Of Heaven" doesn't appear to be listed on the "Live At The Copa", "The Temptations Show" or "Live At London's Talk Of The Town" albums. It would seem therefore that if the song was featured in any of those performances, it was edited out of the vinyl recordings.

reese
12-12-2016, 11:27 AM
The Temps version of "Sweetest Thing This Side Of Heaven" doesn't appear to be listed on the "Live At The Copa", "The Temptations Show" or "Live At London's Talk Of The Town" albums. It would seem therefore that if the song was featured in any of those performances, it was edited out of the vinyl recordings.

The song itself was not performed. What would happen is during YOU'RE MY EVERYTHING, the music would pause and Eddie would say something like "London, England. You're the sweetest thing this side of heaven."

motownjohnny
12-12-2016, 11:40 AM
Thanks reese for clarifying that. You're My Everything" was included in the opening Medley on the "Talk Of The Town" album.