PDA

View Full Version : The Supremes "Touch" album

test

johnny_raven
12-07-2016, 01:42 PM
I was re-organizing one of my i-Tunes playlists and I discovered something rather interesting:

In 1971, the Supremes album "Touch" contained the track "Here Comes The Sunrise" [[one of my favorite tracks) ...

While in 1983, The Eurythmics released an album named "Touch" which contained one of their biggest hits "Here Comes The Rain Again."

Purely coincidental, I'm sure. But still interesting ...

thommg
12-07-2016, 03:16 PM
I was re-organizing one of my i-Tunes playlists and I discovered something rather interesting:

In 1971, the Supremes album "Touch" contained the track "Here Comes The Sunrise" [[one of my favorite tracks) ...

While in 1983, The Eurythmics released an album named "Touch" which contained one of their biggest hits "Here Comes The Rain Again."

Purely coincidental, I'm sure. But still interesting ...

It might be a recording industry rule that if you name your album Touch you must include a song about the weather.

johnny_raven
12-07-2016, 04:10 PM
It might be a recording industry rule that if you name your album Touch you must include a song about the weather.

LOL ... I checked to see if that was true, but Gladys Knight & The Pips didn't.

thommg
12-08-2016, 11:58 AM
LOL ... I checked to see if that was true, but Gladys Knight & The Pips didn't.

Well, they like to buck tradition! ;-)

mike_sku
12-11-2016, 03:50 PM
Always enjoyed the LP, and I was hoping the single of "Touch" would've [[and should've) been a bigger hit. I think the edit on the 45 was unnecessary and a little too choppy. Also loved the "pointillistic" cover, which a buddy of mine and I dubbed "Touchcraft."