PDA

View Full Version : Mary Wilson at American Film Instutute fest

test

luke
12-07-2016, 12:11 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oM_Fh1cp-XU Love her new look!

marv2
12-07-2016, 02:09 AM
She looks great. Thank you Luke.

detmotownguy
12-07-2016, 02:41 AM
She looks great. Thank you Luke.

Thks Luke! Mary is loved by all!

luke
12-07-2016, 09:38 AM
My pleasure. And the paparazzi sure love her too!

imakicola
12-07-2016, 01:41 PM
Wow!!!!!!!!!

arr&bee
12-07-2016, 04:43 PM
Mary gets better with age!!

marv2
12-07-2016, 09:15 PM
From the "Peace Love & Understanding" Benefit Concert

detmotownguy
12-07-2016, 11:55 PM
My pleasure. And the paparazzi sure love her too!
it's so nice to see how Mary actually likes the idea of being a celebrity in the demands that go along with it .

BigAl
12-08-2016, 12:15 AM
it's so nice to see how Mary actually likes the idea of being a celebrity in the demands that go along with it .
Performers are a breed apart. Like most of us in here, I've been acquainted with a number of them, and they all seem to thrive on the love and attention they get from their audiences, and would no doubt wither up and die if they couldn't be out there giving their all, regardless of how long in the tooth they get. While the rest of us are enjoying quiet retirements, they're still pounding the boards and loving it. More power to them. Where they get that energy — especially well into their seventies — is anybody's guess.

luke
12-08-2016, 12:25 AM
And demotownguy as you may know she has no attitude and treats everyone as a friend. I find that rare in the world of celebrities and actually often in life in general. She takes time for people. Her success as a human being is her ultimate triumph.

detmotownguy
12-08-2016, 03:10 AM
In Detroit, Smokey stopped an interview to talk with his fans and Martha stopped a meeting with her city council staffers as I walked past her. Martha would always stop to talk to us in the Ren Cen no matter how busy she was. She would even ask me to walk with her as she ran errands throughout Ren Cen.

detmotownguy
12-08-2016, 03:13 AM
Performers are a breed apart. Like most of us in here, I've been acquainted with a number of them, and they all seem to thrive on the love and attention they get from their audiences, and would no doubt wither up and die if they couldn't be out there giving their all, regardless of how long in the tooth they get. While the rest of us are enjoying quiet retirements, they're still pounding the boards and loving it. More power to them. Where they get that energy — especially well into their seventies — is anybody's guess.
Mary just has that supreme glow toward the media/attention. Such a good attitude.

marv2
12-08-2016, 02:33 PM
Mary just has that supreme glow toward the media/attention. Such a good attitude.

Which is why she is one of the very few that they turn to when doing a story on Motown, the Supremes or Soul music.