PDA

View Full Version : Robert Vaughn aka "Napoleon Solo" Rest in Peace

test

marv2
11-12-2016, 08:13 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/videos/life/people/2016/11/11/93673182/

arr&bee
11-14-2016, 01:06 PM
My man,cool dude who always had that suave thing,great as the gunfighter who lost his nerve in[the magnificent seven-1960]or as the rich villain in[superman iii] r.i.p.

destruction
11-15-2016, 09:58 PM
The Magnificent Seven is my fave western.....and this was one of my fave exchanges:

[Chris and Vin enter their room, to see Lee sitting there, waiting]
Lee: Remember me?
Chris Adams: Yup.
Lee [[RV): You need men for a job in Mexico? How long?
Chris Adams: Four, maybe six weeks.
Lee: That ought to do it. How much does the job pay?
Chris Adams: I thought you were looking for the Johnson brothers, Lee.
Lee: [smirking] I found them. Now, how much does the job pay?
Chris Adams: Twenty dollars.
Lee: I'll have the money before I leave. It should just take care of my last two days' rent.

arr&bee
11-16-2016, 07:12 PM
Hey des,i think that robert vaughn's character may have been the deepest in the movie sort of a character study,the scene where he snatches two flies from the table where there were three and he comments that once upon a time he would've gotten all three.

destruction
11-18-2016, 11:24 PM
I think I know where you're coming from......and I have to agree with you.

This was my fave western and the only one of two that my oldest grand would watch all the way through with me.......The other was The Searchers.

It was cool watching the Seven with her because she's very good at impressions and I would just die listening to her imitate the Seven and Mexicans in the movie.

One of her fave scenes was when they were trying to teach the villagers how to shoot and they told one the villagers....."Never mind, just swing it like this."

thomas96
11-19-2016, 02:08 AM
Anyone remember the film The Young Philadelphians? Vaughn was fantastic in it. Outperformed the beautiful Barbara Rush and the great Paul Newman in it.