PDA

View Full Version : A temptin gem!!

test

arr&bee
11-07-2016, 10:27 AM
I gotta give a shout out to the underrated[what a way to put it]from the lp[surface thrills]dennis lays down a serious rap[that ain't no way to treat somebody you love]very soulful mini classic from the temptin ones.

marv2
11-07-2016, 10:35 AM
I gotta give a shout out to the underrated[what a way to put it]from the lp[surface thrills]dennis lays down a serious rap[that ain't no way to treat somebody you love]very soulful mini classic from the temptin ones.

You know that use to be their closing song in concert during that era. Great song that should have gotten more airplay.

arr&bee
11-07-2016, 11:13 AM
Yes i remember that from back in the day,one of their best.

ms_m
11-07-2016, 05:19 PM
You know that use to be their closing song in concert during that era. Great song that should have gotten more airplay.

That's interesting. Although I really like Love on My Mind Tonight, Surface Thrills was the song I remember most from the radio. I'm guessing it must have been a regional thing.

Makes me wonder how different things would have played out if we had the access of today... back in the day.

Which makes me also want to ask, do you guys still listen to the radio? I rarely do, preferring to play tunes from my own collection.

marv2
11-07-2016, 06:10 PM
That's interesting. Although I really like Love on My Mind Tonight, Surface Thrills was the song I remember most from the radio. I'm guessing it must have been a regional thing.

Makes me wonder how different things would have played out if we had the access of today... back in the day.

Which makes me also want to ask, do you guys still listen to the radio? I rarely do, preferring to play tunes from my own collection.

I was in Colorado in those days and sadly it did not get airplay out there. I very rarely listen to commercial radio. Only when I'm running errands in the car and that is just short errands.

arr&bee
11-07-2016, 06:15 PM
I mostly only listen to sports radio,and i too prefer to play from my collection,which is pretty good if i do say so myself.

ms_m
11-07-2016, 06:32 PM
I was in Colorado in those days and sadly it did not get airplay out there. I very rarely listen to commercial radio. Only when I'm running errands in the car and that is just short errands.

Marv it took me years to understand that East Coast and West Coast airplay were two totally different things. Until that point I simply assumed if my peers and I were listening and grooving to a particular song, everyone one else was too. LOL

ms_m
11-07-2016, 06:33 PM
I mostly only listen to sports radio,and i too prefer to play from my collection,which is pretty good if i do say so myself.

You have the best of err thang!

Now that should get tongues wagging..hahahaha

arr&bee
11-07-2016, 06:35 PM
Hey ms m,not just east an west,heck back in the day i could go from d.c. To baltimore and some songs that played here didn't play there.

ms_m
11-07-2016, 06:42 PM
Hey ms m,not just east an west,heck back in the day i could go from d.c. To baltimore and some songs that played here didn't play there.

I'll probably get creamed for saying this [[sorry Des) but B-Moe is COUNTRY no matter how you look at it. LOL

I do like go go though.;)

arr&bee
11-07-2016, 07:07 PM
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...i ain't touchin that[b-moe]thing,but you do know that[go go]originated in d.c.

ms_m
11-07-2016, 07:08 PM
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...i ain't touchin that[b-moe]thing,but you do know that[go go]originated in d.c.

REALLY? No I didn't know that. So you guys got over it but they never did....that figures....LOL

TomatoTom123
11-09-2016, 03:51 PM
Another '80s gem from The Tempts...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHaiRl2z2tU&app=desktop

Jaap
11-10-2016, 07:36 AM
Another '80s gem from The Tempts... The whole POWER album is "fantastic"! Arguably, most of the song have a rather dated disco sounds [[which I happen to love), but there are some great songs on it: "How Can I Resist Your Love," "I'm Coming Home," and the masterpiece "Power" [[which was a top 10 song in the Netherlands). Although the original version is the best, the Soundtree remix included on the 50th anniversary collection is also well done.

arr&bee
11-10-2016, 09:40 PM
Oh yeah,the[power]lp is one of their best.

TomatoTom123
11-12-2016, 11:48 AM
I checked out "I'm Coming Home", and it's brilliant!

I just love it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQPB_gdDbQU&app=desktop

Written by none other than The Temptations themselves!!

TomatoTom123
11-17-2016, 03:03 PM
This 1983 duet by The Tops and The Tempts is brilliant too...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_7lhS16Fto&app=desktop

[[Is that Glenn Leonard or Ron Tyson?)