PDA

View Full Version : The Supremes coke jingles.

test

mowsville
11-06-2016, 06:14 AM
Hi...was wondering if there will be anymore coke jingles added to the expanded edition of "A Go Go"...ive heard the ones on the expanded "More Hits" but isn't there more floating around from the "A Go Go" period and after...the other one I have heard sounds like it comes from around this time..."Its The Little Things" is all I can remember ...thanks in advance.

jobucats
11-06-2016, 09:41 AM
...like holding hands while we're dancing, tender glancing, sweet romancing...

jobucats
11-06-2016, 03:37 PM
...listening to music, while the fire goes....sipping coke with lights are low....

I am trying to get these lyrics from memory. They came from my favorite coke commercial. I believe they had a version of "It's the Little Things" that was over 30 seconds long [[maybe even a minute).

marybrewster
11-09-2016, 12:33 PM
This was posted by kamasu back in 2012:

There are a couple of Coke Commercials by The Supremes that were included on the expanded edition of More Hits by The Supremes. The annotation for the tracks mention that there was a campaign supervised by Berry Gordy's former partner, Billy Davis [[then a creative head of Coke's ad agency McCann-Erickson). The production & writing for the spots are credited to Holland-Dozier-Holland and while the notes don't say what studio the tracks were done at, the sound and feel of the spots [[and the H-D-H production credit) strongly suggest that the recording for The Supremes Coke Commercials was done in house at Motown [[I have no info about the other Motown acts who did commercials for Coke).

On the CD I found there were two other Coke jingles by the Supremes. Judging with my ears, they sound as if they might have been recorded around 1966 or early 1967. The music and lyrics are sophisticated and sounds like Motown from that period. One of the jingles has Diana singing "It's the Ltitle Things That Make A Difference." It's catchy and could have worked as a real song.

Motown Eddie
11-10-2016, 10:40 AM
Hi...was wondering if there will be anymore coke jingles added to the expanded edition of "A Go Go"...ive heard the ones on the expanded "More Hits" but isn't there more floating around from the "A Go Go" period and after...the other one I have heard sounds like it comes from around this time..."Its The Little Things" is all I can remember ...thanks in advance.

I've got that Coke Jingle that you're talking about [[on a various artists CD called "Things Go Better with Coke: '60s Coca-Cola Commercials"). The "It's The Little Things" lyric is very catchy and it's my favorite of the jingles that The Supremes did [[and it would make a great addition to any of the proposed 'expanded editions' of their albums).

mowsville
11-10-2016, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the input everyone...Motown Eddie I think it would a great addition on expanded A Go Go .

destruction
11-11-2016, 07:36 PM
Does White Christmas count?