PDA

View Full Version : Did not know that there was a high inergy best of out

test

glencro
11-05-2016, 10:15 PM
Don't know how I missed this.11979

Bluebrock
11-06-2016, 04:19 AM
It was compiled by a friend of mine Ralph Tee. It came out a few years ago. It is by no means definitive but one persons best of may not be another persons so you will probably find one or two of your personal favourites missing, but it is a solid compilation and well worth picking up.

mike_sku
11-06-2016, 08:25 AM
This collection is very good. I really enjoyed this group. I would love to see their "Groove Patrol" LP reissued as a CD!

kenneth
11-06-2016, 01:08 PM
I always found this group, even though they had a few good songs, curiously bland and uninteresting. I was always surprised Motown stuck by them as long as they did. It's still a surprise to me they came out with that many LPs. I assume they must have sold in some quantity to justify Motown's continued investment in them.

Didn't Hip-O do something on them?

To those who really love this group, what is it you found so enjoyable about their music?

rod_rick
11-06-2016, 10:40 PM
It's funny that you mention this best of cd. I just put together my own best High Inergy becauseI was not pleased with the track listing for this cd. I think the group was a bit underrated and had potential, and I'm thinking Motown felt the same way because they released quite a few albums in their day.

Does anyone think that the Supremes would have done a good job on "You Can't Turn Me Off"? Has anyone heard High Inergy's version of "I'm Gonna Let My Heart Do The Walking"?

marv2
11-06-2016, 11:18 PM
"Lovin' Fever" was my favorite of their songs.

marv2
11-06-2016, 11:19 PM
It's funny that you mention this best of cd. I just put together my own best High Inergy becauseI was not pleased with the track listing for this cd. I think the group was a bit underrated and had potential, and I'm thinking Motown felt the same way because they released quite a few albums in their day.

Does anyone think that the Supremes would have done a good job on "You Can't Turn Me Off"? Has anyone heard High Inergy's version of "I'm Gonna Let My Heart Do The Walking"?

I don't think I would have liked a Supremes version of "You Can't Turn Me Off". Never heard High Inergy do "Let My Heart Do the Walking".

rod_rick
11-07-2016, 01:00 AM
Here's a sample of it starts at 53 seconds
https://youtu.be/S5NyrxWIdUM

marv2
11-07-2016, 06:49 PM
Here's a sample of it starts at 53 seconds
https://youtu.be/S5NyrxWIdUM

thanks Rod_rick

marv2
11-07-2016, 06:51 PM
Well now I know that I would not like High Inergy singing "I'm Gonna Let My Heart Do the Walking" Scherrie , Mary and Susaye just could not be beat!