PDA

View Full Version : A Sad legacy for Female Entertainers...

test

nomis
11-05-2016, 09:08 PM
a strong presence in my dj shows is female empowerment..many female artists i admire and inspire my work have had partners who have physically assaulted them..heres the list - Madonna [[bound to a chair by husband Sean Penn,beaten and raped with an object)..Mariah Carey [[violent assault by husband Tommy Mottola) Aaliyah [[urinated on my R Kelly) Rihanna [[face beaten by Chris Brown) Lauryn hill [[beaten in an auckland hotel room in 1996 by WyClef) Tori Amos & Courtney love [[both beaten by Trent Reznaoir) Robin Givens [[nearly thrown off a balcony by Mike Tyson) Stevie Nicks [[assaulted on stage in New Zealand by Lindsey Buckingham circa 1982) Tina Turner [[Ike..no words) Pamela Anderson [[assaulted and spat on by husband) Whitney Houston [[assaulted by partner & assistant Robyn Crawford..spat on in front of daughter by Bobby Brown he also smashed a champagne glass in her face on a yatch and she needed surgery) Dusty Springfield [[long violent relationship with female partner in the 1970s)Billie Holiday [[so many men beat her) Nina Simone [[same) Florence Ballard [[beaten by husband Tommy chapman) Tammi Terrel [[beaten by James brown & David Ruffin) Joan Collins [[beaten by first husband & tried to sell her as a prostitute) Mary wilson [[beaten by husband)..Bette Midler [[beaten by manager/partner Aaron russo)..and the lists goes on a shocking,deplorable indictment of how these women who are succesful,loved by men yet abused by men..now some postives - the women who have no history/documentation of violence/abuse - Diana ross,Beyonce,Barbra striesand,Annie Lennox,Kate bush,Mary j Blige,Nicki Minaj,Cher,Joan baez..some really needs to write a book about all this..the younger generation at my dj gigs I want to take strength,courage & emancipation from these ladies I play at my dj gigs..history is there for us to learn from

nomis
11-05-2016, 09:16 PM
oh I forgot - Janet jackson [[beaten by husband Renee) La Toya jackson [[beaten and nearly strangled by husband/manager Jack Gordon) Judy Garland [[Beaten by two husbands)..the list just goes on...

TomatoTom123
11-05-2016, 10:11 PM
Oh my, very sad. It's amazing what they went through and that they still managing to form successful recording careers.

nomis, you are a DJ? Nice!

waynesville
11-13-2016, 11:51 AM
to which you should add Aretha Franklin too,..