PDA

View Full Version : Levi's last Perfromance

test

captainjames
10-17-2016, 04:14 PM
Sorry if this has been posted before but it really touched me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1May52b1RQ

Ollie9
10-17-2016, 06:27 PM
I have never seen this before and as such found it very hard to watch. It certainly brought a tear to my eye. Levi was one hell of a singer and is still greatly missed by many.

captainjames
10-17-2016, 07:45 PM
Same here Ollie
Rest in Heaven Levi !!!
There will never never never be another like you.

marv2
10-17-2016, 07:50 PM
I have never seen this before and as such found it very hard to watch. It certainly brought a tear to my eye. Levi was one hell of a singer and is still greatly missed by many.

He was also just a great guy. Very humorous. He'd make me laugh to tears almost! LOL! Rest in peace Bub.

detmotownguy
10-17-2016, 10:49 PM
Sorry if this has been posted before but it really touched me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1May52b1RQ

Thanks for posting, touching.

sansradio
10-18-2016, 12:43 AM
This was painful to watch, but beautiful. Thanks.

Motown Eddie
10-18-2016, 06:08 AM
Thanks so much for posting this clip!! What a performance! Rest In Paradise Levi, a Giant 'til The End. And Aretha & Theo sounded absolutely great. I'll now think of this clip any time I listen to "I Believe In You And Me".

stingbeelee
10-18-2016, 10:35 AM
I have been in U of M stadium with over 100,000+ fans, but nothing, nothing, NOTHING tops the roar I heard at this concert when Levi started singing!! The video does not do it justice. Bobby Rogers was sitting in the row ahead of me, and tears were coming down his face. I've never seen a crowd reaction like that, before or since. The emotions were almost overwhelming. I thought that maybe, just maybe, he'll pull thru. One of the most BELOVED Motown artists of all time!

marv2
10-18-2016, 12:36 PM
I have been in U of M stadium with over 100,000+ fans, but nothing, nothing, NOTHING tops the roar I heard at this concert when Levi started singing!! The video does not do it justice. Bobby Rogers was sitting in the row ahead of me, and tears were coming down his face. I've never seen a crowd reaction like that, before or since. The emotions were almost overwhelming. I thought that maybe, just maybe, he'll pull thru. One of the most BELOVED Motown artists of all time!

I prayed he'd pull through. Levi was a great singer and most importantly.......an even greater human being!

marv2
10-18-2016, 12:40 PM
Looking back now, I wonder how a person with such great talent not have an overblown ego? As I mentioned with the Miracles, Levi Stubbs was completely down to Earth and easy to talk to. One of my fond memories is of my father picking me up at DTW coming home from college and having Levi being dropped off curbside by Miss Cliniece. It was raining and he came running right pass me with his luggage over his head to shield him from the rain, but taking time to at least say hi.

Obie was the same way.

detmotownguy
10-18-2016, 01:04 PM
Looking back now, I wonder how a person with such great talent not have an overblown ego? As I mentioned with the Miracles, Levi Stubbs was completely down to Earth and easy to talk to. One of my fond memories is of my father picking me up at DTW coming home from college and having Levi being dropped off curbside by Miss Cliniece. It was raining and he came running right pass me with his luggage over his head to shield him from the rain, but taking time to at least say hi.

Obie was the same way.

I sat w obie in first class out of Vegas back to Detroit after their performance. Just general chat abt Motown and current events. He absolutely had no ego. You wouldn't even know he was famous celebrity. He was so polite and congenial to the flight attendants and fans. Also signed autographs to anyone who asked. "They" don't make stars like that anymore.

marv2
10-18-2016, 01:21 PM
I sat w obie in first class out of Vegas back to Detroit after their performance. Just general chat abt Motown and current events. He absolutely had no ego. You wouldn't even know he was famous celebrity. He was so polite and congenial to the flight attendants and fans. Also signed autographs to anyone who asked. "They" don't make stars like that anymore.

Betty Kelly of the Vandallas is another special one.

captainjames
10-18-2016, 09:01 PM
Levi was rare and there will never be another like him in this lifetime. Ron White is another one that comes to mind that was so unique.

marv2
10-18-2016, 09:23 PM
Levi was rare and there will never be another like him in this lifetime. Ron White is another one that comes to mind that was so unique.

What made Ron White unique?

edafan
10-18-2016, 09:33 PM
Levi was the greatest

edafan

jaybs
10-19-2016, 07:28 AM
I felt I lost a personal friend with Levi, when I bought my first ever single The Four Tops never did I feel I would get to know such a True Gentleman and most Talented Vocalist & Artist, he was unique, always so sincere, I can never see us seeing the likes again, but thankfully Levi has left us with such warm memories, both with his vocal recordings and film recordings,why no one has ever written a biography of Levi and The Four Tops.

lockhartgary
10-19-2016, 06:58 PM
This was painful to watch, but beautiful. Thanks.
It sure was.