PDA

View Full Version : SOLO Is Back!!!!

test

stranger56
01-09-2011, 01:41 AM
Very happy to hear that SOLO has reunited, with ALL the original members, and are putting together a new CD. Their first single in 10 years, La La Means I Love You, can be heard on their website, www.solothegroup.com .

Welcome back, Guys!

paladin
01-09-2011, 07:56 AM
For sure, just so you know you are not alone this is what I posted back on 12/2/10 under the thread Breaking News, They're back !:

Eunique Mack, Darnell Chavis, Daniele Stokes, Robert Anderson -Bass, also known as the group Solo.

Its been a long time since these guys were making music. They are currently in the studio recording a series of Old School covers to be released soon. They have a Facebook page as well as a website where you can listen to some of the demo's.

Although I am not a big fan of cover albums, having already digested The Tempts, Whispers, Ray Goodman & Brown and others, I am not at all thrilled by this project. I am very pleased that these talented guys are back together practicing their craft. Their first album was pure genius and their second was competent but not as good as their virgin effort.

Apparently Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis are no where in sight and thats a shame because they certainly knew what made Solo click.

I found them by trying to locate a record of theirs that I've been looking for about eight years. Their rare Xmas classic "This Time Of Year" . If you go to their facebook page, you will be able to hear why I have been looking for this gem. These brothers still have the chops to sing anything they want. I wish them much success and we will all benefit from them being back on the music scene. I always thought they had some unfinished business, I hope they prove me right.

Note : for those of you who are not on Facebook, This Time of year is playing on their Website page, enjoy, consider it "My Gift To You".

http://www.solothegroup.com/ [[http://www.solothegroup.com/)

PS : Stranger I got 1 reply and 180 views, go figure ?

stranger56
01-09-2011, 12:26 PM
Sorry, man! I didn't see your post. 1 Reply?? That's crazy!
Guess we're the only ones that know good music!
LMAO
Now, before everyone jumps down my throat...that was a joke!
SOLO is BAAAAAD!!

ms_m
01-09-2011, 02:11 PM
1995 was a hectic year for me so I missed the debut of these guys but I'm glad I'm hip to them now. Their sound is awesome.

I also love the way they are embracing the European Market with Expansion Records and "Luxury Soul Weekender." The UK fans and Richard Searling rock when it comes to showcases great music!!!!

If any of you folks from across the pond attended the Weekender I'd love to hear a review.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h74/mmandmusic/SoloTheGroup.jpg

Wishing this group super success in the New Year.

Thanks for the heads up Stranger and Kdub too.:cool:

daddyacey
01-10-2011, 05:31 AM
"I am not at all thrilled by this project. I am very pleased that these talented guys are back together practicing their craft. Their first album was pure genius and their second was competent but not as good as their virgin effort."

I have to agree with paladin on this. The first album was IMO the result of the stars and planets being in the right place at the right time. Just as what happen with the first Dr Buzzards album , the Stairsteps ,2nd Resurrection album , South Shore Commissions album ,Ecstacy Passion and Pains album ,etc. A classic document in sound , an aural ass-whoopin. I even made it a point to collect all the 12" mixes I could find on them. I hope that the magic is still with them ,but they set the bar for groups that tried to come after them ,which has not been surpassed to any major degree since ,truthfully.