PDA

View Full Version : Scherrie and Susaye timeline

test

luke
10-13-2016, 11:32 PM
1977 Supremes ended. Were they still trying to put the group together with Joyce Vincent into 1978? "S" group proposed by Berry adding Syreeta , 1978? 1979 Syreeta and Billy have big hit. Scherrie and Susaye release Partners. Are they subsequently dropped by Motown in 1980? [[1982 discussions to reunite Cindy Mary and Scherrie )

marv2
10-14-2016, 02:10 AM
Strange thing about the song "With You I'm Born Again". I saw Billy and Syreeta debut the song on the Mike Douglas Show in March 1979 [[around the same time of the film "Fastbreak" release). Motown did not release it as a single until December 1979. It was on the soundtrack album months prior to that. I say all to say that it did not make sense to conclude that Syreeta was unavailable to join Scherrie and Susaye in late 1977 or 1978 because she had no hit during that time. I saw picture of Scherrie, Susaye and Joyce standing together as a group in someone's living room. The pic was taken in late 1977. I don't know if they were dropped or just did not renew their contracts, whateva ....but they were no longer on the label. Scherrie had the one solo recording in September 1977 called "Fly".

What about the 1982 potential Supremes re-grouping?

Bluebrock
10-14-2016, 05:16 AM
Strange thing about the song "With You I'm Born Again". I saw Billy and Syreeta debut the song on the Mike Douglas Show in March 1979 [[around the same time of the film "Fastbreak" release). Motown did not release it as a single until December 1979. It was on the soundtrack album months prior to that. I say all to say that it did not make sense to conclude that Syreeta was unavailable to join Scherrie and Susaye in late 1977 or 1978 because she had no hit during that time. I saw picture of Scherrie, Susaye and Joyce standing together as a group in someone's living room. The pic was taken in late 1977. I don't know if they were dropped or just did not renew their contracts, whateva ....but they were no longer on the label. Scherrie had the one solo recording in September 1977 called "Fly".

What about the 1982 potential Supremes re-grouping?

I think I am right in saying WYIBA was released as a single in the UK before the USA. I recall it reaching no.2 and the rest as they say is history.