PDA

View Full Version : Ms Ross on Twitter "We Are Stronger Together"

test

jobeterob
10-13-2016, 01:37 PM
Ms. Ross on Twitter October 12

We are stronger together.

Photo published for Diana Ross - For One And For All [[Live in Central Park 1983)

Diana Ross - For One And For All [[Live in Central Park 1983)

"For One And For All" is a song written by Ashford Nicholas and Valerie Simpson. Diana Ernestine Earle Ross is an American singer, actress and record prod...

youtube.com https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bruwdAWcRks

jobucats
10-13-2016, 03:27 PM
First of all, I've always loved this song so I don't mean to make light of the beauty of it in my comment. This is one of those where I was always unsure of what the last word of the second line was: All for one and one for all
You live, you give, you have a ---------.
I finally "googled" the lyrics to find the word is "ball." ???? Although it rhymes with "all", I don't quite get it in context. I had resolved myself into believing the word was "bond."

Just shows you, again, how our ears don't always pick up the correct lyrics. Another example was the Supremes' recording of "Lover's Concerto." A friend of mine back in the day swore up and down that Diana was singing "see Berry on the hill, the bright colors of the rainbow" as opposed to the correct lyric of "see there beyond the hill the bright colors of the rainbow."

Save my story to tell at your next dinner party. LOL

Jimi LaLumia
10-13-2016, 05:57 PM
http://www.seiu509.org/wp-content/blogs.dir/77/files/2016/07/Clinton-Kaine-Stronger-Together-72316.jpg

jobeterob
10-14-2016, 01:37 AM
Yes I assumed that was her reference

RossHolloway
10-14-2016, 10:45 AM
Yeah for Ms Ross!

JohnnyB
10-14-2016, 10:45 PM
First of all, I've always loved this song so I don't mean to make light of the beauty of it in my comment. This is one of those where I was always unsure of what the last word of the second line was: All for one and one for all
You live, you give, you have a ---------.
I finally "googled" the lyrics to find the word is "ball." ???? Although it rhymes with "all", I don't quite get it in context. I had resolved myself into believing the word was "bond."

Just shows you, again, how our ears don't always pick up the correct lyrics. Another example was the Supremes' recording of "Lover's Concerto." A friend of mine back in the day swore up and down that Diana was singing "see Berry on the hill, the bright colors of the rainbow" as opposed to the correct lyric of "see there beyond the hill the bright colors of the rainbow."

Save my story to tell at your next dinner party. LOL

I'm glad I wasn't the only one getting that lyric wrong. I thought it was, "See berry and the hill...," but I never admitted it...