View Full Version : Arizona Rep. Giffords shot, at least 5 killed

test

abfan
01-08-2011, 06:06 PM
Arizona Rep. Giffords shot, at least 5 killed
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_congresswoman_shot

splanky
01-09-2011, 09:19 AM
If these nutjob scumbags like Sarah Palin, Jesse Kelly and their disciples don't think their behavior and rhetoric haven't
fueled this kind of atmosphere across the country they need to be taken outside and have their asses whipped with
barbed wire til the cheeks drip red on the pavement...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40978517/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

skooldem1
01-09-2011, 09:54 AM
This is a tragic. Right away some people online, and in the media were talking about right wing, left wing etc, and I find that to be a disgrace. This is not about left and right. This man was disturbed period.

jillfoster
01-09-2011, 01:16 PM
This is a tragic. Right away some people online, and in the media were talking about right wing, left wing etc, and I find that to be a disgrace. This is not about left and right. This man was disturbed period.

Palin and her camp INCITE people who are mentally unstable, that's the thing. And this is why:

http://gawker.com/5728545/shot-congresswoman-was-in-sarah-palins-crosshairs

jobeterob
01-09-2011, 01:33 PM
Why would he be able to get semi automatic weapons?

jillfoster
01-09-2011, 02:15 PM
Why would he be able to get semi automatic weapons?

I don't know, Rob... my 22 rifle that I hunt with will shoot 6 shots in a row if I want it to [[It was purchased in 1971), and I'm a bad shot, so I've used that feature many times when picking off a squirrel from a tree.

nysister
01-09-2011, 02:36 PM

Unfortunately, there are a whole lot more "disturbed people" out there listening to the uncivil discourse in talk media and TV each and everyday, so an event as tragic as this one is was bound to happen. Now all those that are involved in this uncivil discourse are trying to back peddle and call it an isolated incident...yeah right!! With freedom of speech comes responsibility because the nuts and crazies are out there just waiting for some signal [[in their mind) to do harm. There has to be a line drawn somewhere. Is this what people mean when they say "I want my country back?"

tamla617
01-09-2011, 02:39 PM
i've just read the link on post #1 its a terrible thing to happen.that little girl born on 9/11 [[2001) aswell

the SLR rifles we had could empty a 20 round mag in under 15 seconds and that was pulling the trigger 20 times.
with some practice nearer 10!i used to enjoy the firing range and thats the place for them end of story.
your right to bear arms is outdated and needs repealing.

marv2
01-09-2011, 04:30 PM
I find it interesting that this woman, Rep. Gifford was on Sarah Palin's "Target list".

olamaebarto
01-09-2011, 04:54 PM
If these nutjob scumbags like Sarah Palin, Jesse Kelly and their disciples don't think their behavior and rhetoric haven't
fueled this kind of atmosphere across the country they need to be taken outside and have their asses whipped with
barbed wire til the cheeks drip red on the pavement...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40978517/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Bravo! I want to move out of Arizona so bad.

olamaebarto
01-09-2011, 04:56 PM

What is a disgrace is the violent talk and images used by the RIGHT WING to "target" liberal political figures. Or have you not noticed that?

skooldem1
01-09-2011, 05:05 PM
I "notice" a lot of things. One thing I know for certain, and that's to not jump to conclusions.

marv2
01-09-2011, 05:41 PM
I "notice" a lot of things. One thing I know for certain, and that's to not jump to conclusions.

Not jumping to conclusions Skooldem. This woman, Sarah Palin attempted to incite violence towards then Presidential Candidate, Barack Obama during her campaign rallies when she would repeatedly insist that he "pal'd around with known terrorists"! She did it consciously and deliberately. Some of the Tea Party Movement people has taken her rhetoric and run with it. Some of them go around carrying concealed weapons as they did when Barack Obama spoke up in New Hampshire last year.

stephanie
01-09-2011, 11:14 PM
what was once the news now has become nothing more than racial, prejudicial, and biased commentary. Where is Cronkite when you need him?

MotownSteve
01-09-2011, 11:50 PM
stephanie

what was once the news now has become nothing more than racial, prejudicial, and biased commentary. Where is Cronkite when you need him?

Sad but true.

jobeterob
01-10-2011, 12:25 AM
Unstable people can very easily be caught up by extreme, verbose rhetoric. This is what is dangerous about obsessed people; they get wild ideas and take encouragement from the rhetoric and are often influenced by inflammatory media.

But this man had an unstable mental history and had made threats before; how can it be that he is allowed to possess automatic weapons? These incidents happen world wide but the American gun carrying tradition makes it a lot easier and makes for a very dangerous society.

Livingallalone
01-10-2011, 12:52 AM
I am not sure that Sarah Palin thinks folks are going to point a gun and start shooting folks [[well, maybe she does) but I don't think so..BUT [[and this is a BIG BUTT) why I find this woman SOOO dangerous is that the stuff that flows out of her mouth can be VERY dangerous in the mind of anyone mentally unstable as NYsister pointed out...Palin is a dumb as box of rocks but just as dangerous as a loaded gun IMO

Bill

soulster
01-10-2011, 06:50 AM

No, it is about the far right, and their violent rhetoric. After years of it, sooner or later it had to come to a head, and all it took was one disturbed individual to snap as a result. People, like this listen to a steady diet of Rush Limbaugh, Sarah Palin, Michael Savage, Sean Hannity, and Glenn Beck. Mix that with a very conservative state that lets just about anyone buy and carry a concealed weapon, often without background checks, and this is what you get.

The right doesn't want you to talk about this aspect of it because they need these wackos for votes. Jon Kyl even admitted it when confronted with a question about the racist element of his constituents a couple of years ago. He said it was unfortunate that they feel that way, and he didn't agree with it, but it wasn't his place to condemn them. Sound familiar? It's what they all say.

Certain people have blasted me on my comments about how crazy people are here in Arizona, and how a lot are outright racists. I stand by my words, and I base what I say on growing up here. I see it every single day. And, that is a lot more than what someone who only visited Phoenix for a couple of day and talked to maybe one person who liked it. Don't get me wrong: I love this place for the land, it's opportunities, and a lot of the people, who are great, but there are also an awful lot of hateful, bigoted racists with a gun in one hand, and a bible in the other, who are more than ready to "lock & load".

It is very encouraging to hear that Giffords may survive this tragedy. I feel awful about the Judge who was slain, as well as the 9-year-old child who was elated to meet her hero, Giffords Saturday morning. My heart goes out tho their families.

I am not sure that Sarah Palin thinks folks are going to point a gun and start shooting folks [[well, maybe she does) but I don't think so..BUT [[and this is a BIG BUTT) why I find this woman SOOO dangerous is that the stuff that flows out of her mouth can be VERY dangerous in the mind of anyone mentally unstable as NYsister pointed out...Palin is a dumb as box of rocks but just as dangerous as a loaded gun IMO

Bill

Sarah Palin just doesn't think.

jobeterob
01-10-2011, 03:11 PM
Is part of the reason that this is worse in Arizona stem from illegal immigration from Mexico into Arizona?

I found your post chilling, Soulster.

Yesterday, it crossed my mind that this is how the Nazi's began to rise in Germany ~ and no one, or not enough people spoke up.

I know several people from BC that are buying winter homes in Arizona in the hopes they will appreciate in value and the last 2 or 3 years have seen them continually decline even more.