PDA

View Full Version : Marvelettes song ft on Dancing with the Stars

test

carlo
09-26-2016, 08:12 PM
One of the couples danced to The Marvelettes' Too Many Fish in the Sea. It was great :)

marv2
09-26-2016, 08:54 PM
Carlo, is there a clip of this?

carlo
09-27-2016, 07:04 AM
Here it is:

https://youtu.be/6-nyEvaFKyQ

TomatoTom123
09-27-2016, 07:50 AM
Here it is:

https://youtu.be/6-nyEvaFKyQ

Hehe! American Strictly Come Dancing, never seen it before

daviddesper
09-27-2016, 09:51 AM
I was a little disappointed to view the clip and see that it was not our girls' original version. Do these people have no taste? However, having said that, the version played was not that bad. Does anyone know who that was?

I liked the versions back in the day by Mitch Ryder and Gwen Guthrie [[the only two covers I can think of) but nothing can top the original, which should have been a monster hit.

Motown Eddie
09-27-2016, 12:06 PM
There was also a cover of "Too Many Fish In The Sea" by The Young Rascals [[on their 2nd album Collections) in 1967. And I agree that it's too bad that didn't use the original version of "Fish" by The Marvelettes on Dancing With The Stars.

reese
09-27-2016, 12:11 PM
I was a little disappointed to view the clip and see that it was not our girls' original version. Do these people have no taste? However, having said that, the version played was not that bad. Does anyone know who that was?

I liked the versions back in the day by Mitch Ryder and Gwen Guthrie [[the only two covers I can think of) but nothing can top the original, which should have been a monster hit.

I don't know off hand who it was singing. But I believe most of the songs on this show are performed by the house band and singers.

carlo
09-27-2016, 01:09 PM
I don't know off hand who it was singing. But I believe most of the songs on this show are performed by the house band and singers.

Yes, you're correct, Reese. It was performed by the in-house band.

thommg
09-27-2016, 01:40 PM
Yes, you're correct, Reese. It was performed by the in-house band.

Hatefully , ABC.com lists it a Too Many Fish In The Sea by Bette Midler. I guess the 18 year olds in charge over there don't know their music.

marv2
09-27-2016, 01:42 PM
Hehe! American Strictly Come Dancing, never seen it before

Thanks Carlo