PDA

View Full Version : Tammi Terrell featured on NPR

test

midnight johnny
01-07-2011, 05:22 PM
http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=132685111&m=132713949

sophisticated_soul
01-07-2011, 09:08 PM
That's a very cool 4:17. Thanks for the link MJ.

drlorne
01-07-2011, 09:54 PM
Thanks MJ, a nice triubte to Tammi Terrell. PS Happpy New Year

Lorne

midnight johnny
01-07-2011, 10:15 PM
That's a very cool 4:17. Thanks for the link MJ.

I thought you might like that, my friend!

midnight johnny
01-07-2011, 10:16 PM
Thanks MJ, a nice triubte to Tammi Terrell. PS Happpy New Year

Lorne

Happy New Year to you too, Lorne! It's nice that Tammi and the collection are getting some more air time....

positivesoul
01-07-2011, 11:48 PM
Very, very nice JP. I love Marvin Gaye's vocals SO much, but the world always seemed off its axis when I'd see and hear all of the rave accolades he deservedly received while Tammi's equal greatness was usually included as only a very brief entry or even a mere footnote. More and more the world seems closer to its rightful position. This NPR segment is one more step in the so right direction. Whether due to a future film, book, tv show or some future technology that we can't yet imagine, I believe that the zenith of Tammi Terrell's fame is still yet to come.

rovereab
01-08-2011, 05:39 AM
An excellent and fitting tribute. I found it interesting to hear about the "place holder vocal" on Ain't No Mountain. I had previously assumed that the song had been recorded as a Tammi solo but then duetised with Marvin like some of her other songs.

Eamonn

midnight johnny
01-09-2011, 05:50 AM
Very, very nice JP. I believe that the zenith of Tammi Terrell's fame is still yet to come.

positivesoul....from your lips to God's ears.....

midnightman
01-09-2011, 01:28 PM
Tammi deserves a Hall of Fame berth somewhere, Rock & Roll, Vocal Group, etc. Don't matter. Just want her to be recognized for her legacy.

sophisticated_soul
01-09-2011, 02:00 PM
I found it interesting to hear about the "place holder vocal" on Ain't No Mountain.

I noticed that too. But I don't believe that is accurate. If that were the case Tammi would not be singing lines that were later taken out to fit Marvin in. I'm pretty sure that "Mountain" was a finished Tammi solo project. A job very well done.

midnight johnny
01-09-2011, 03:44 PM
I noticed that too. But I don't believe that is accurate. If that were the case Tammi would not be singing lines that were later taken out to fit Marvin in. I'm pretty sure that "Mountain" was a finished Tammi solo project. A job very well done.

I totally agree with you, Joseph!