PDA

View Full Version : Patti Labelle

test

mistercarter2u
09-09-2016, 03:28 PM
Anyone know what is going on with Ms. Patti? Is she touring? Will she ever release new music again???

reese
09-09-2016, 04:19 PM
She seems to always be touring. Not sure about new music. I don't think she's had a cd since the gospel and Xmas sets quite a few years back.

http://www.pattilabelle.com/

Bluebrock
09-09-2016, 05:23 PM
As far as i am aware she has not linked up with a new record company which is a great shame because that girl can still sing. I was listening to her Anthology album only this morning.

marv2
09-09-2016, 06:59 PM
Anyone know what is going on with Ms. Patti? Is she touring? Will she ever release new music again???

She's busy counting her "Patti's Pie" money. She made a killing.

midnightman
09-11-2016, 05:55 AM
Patti's businesswoman career has taken off in regards to her food [[she made millions off her pies). I don't think she's worried about releasing a new album...

heikki
09-13-2016, 09:53 AM
Hi!

In 2009 they released the unfortunate "I Am An American" DVD on her

http://www.soulexpress.net/deep110.htm#iamanamerican

Best regards
Heikki

Jerry Oz
09-13-2016, 12:25 PM
She's busy counting her "Patti's Pie" money. She made a killing.
She was selling at a rate of one pie per minute shortly after people discovered them. Walmart couldn't keep them on the shelves.

arr&bee
09-13-2016, 01:54 PM
Patti not recording??that's sad.

nysister
09-13-2016, 03:00 PM
She was selling at a rate of one pie per minute shortly after people discovered them. Walmart couldn't keep them on the shelves.

Ms. Patti is becoming the consummate business woman and building an empire. Go Ms. Patti!

http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/26/news/companies/patti-labelle-walmart-pie/

midnightman
09-14-2016, 11:57 PM
Patti not recording??that's sad.

She kept talking about releasing a jazz album she recorded. I don't know if she's in a label though. Recording music these days is hard especially if you're black. Which jars me because Barbra Streisand, Bob Dylan and Dolly Parton have constantly released material yet nothing from Patti, Dionne, Diana, etc. Aretha is probably the only one you hear about still releasing albums from time to time.

reese
09-15-2016, 09:25 AM
She kept talking about releasing a jazz album she recorded. I don't know if she's in a label though. Recording music these days is hard especially if you're black. Which jars me because Barbra Streisand, Bob Dylan and Dolly Parton have constantly released material yet nothing from Patti, Dionne, Diana, etc. Aretha is probably the only one you hear about still releasing albums from time to time.

Dionne has been fortunate enough to release new product every few years it seems, the last few being FEELS SO GOOD in 2014, and NOW in 2012. Most of it is pretty good, although IMO, she relies too much on duets and remakes.

arr&bee
09-27-2016, 04:27 PM
It's sad that some of our music legends can't get a contract,folks like the legendary-jerry butler.

manny
09-27-2016, 06:22 PM
I wonder what opinion deserves to you the album by LaBelle co-produced by Kenny Gamble and Lenny Kravitz [[I think this was around 5 years ago and they, Patti, Nona and Sarah were re-reunited exclusively for this album)

carlo
09-27-2016, 10:10 PM
I wonder what opinion deserves to you the album by LaBelle co-produced by Kenny Gamble and Lenny Kravitz [[I think this was around 5 years ago and they, Patti, Nona and Sarah were re-reunited exclusively for this album)

The Back To Now reunion album was released 8 years ago this October. I can't believe it actually. I am in shock that it has been 8 years, as I still remember going to the CD store the night before the release and was lucky enough to find a copy already on the shelf. Great album!

luke
09-27-2016, 11:05 PM
I agree. Very underrated album. A couple of years ago Patti and Sarah said they were going to tour again for anniversary of Lady Marmalade but nothing developed. There is a video on YouTube of Patti attending Nona's art show in Harlem fairly recently.

manny
09-28-2016, 07:32 AM
The Back To Now reunion album was released 8 years ago this October. I can't believe it actually. I am in shock that it has been 8 years, as I still remember going to the CD store the night before the release and was lucky enough to find a copy already on the shelf. Great album!

Many thanks, Carlo. I heard some samples on line don't well recall where [[perhaps in a web store?) and for my taste sounded "acceptable". Since I purchased The Dell's "I Salute You. 40th Aniversary" and others 60's - 70's soul legends artists albums after the 80's I have had some "deceptions" as I miss the big - band / well orchestrated sounds from the classic era and dislike some synthetic sounds.