PDA

View Full Version : 'Nightflight" Tue Sept 6, 9P-12M ET----" A Tribute to 68 WRKO Boston"

test

midnight johnny
09-06-2016, 06:28 PM
Howdy, Folks! Join me tonight on "Nightflight", Sept 6, 9P-12M ET on www.womr.org for a very special show...a tribute to 68 WRKO Boston, with historic music, airchecks, and jingles from 1967 through 1969, and a special interview with Bill Drake, who, along with the Johnny Mann Singers, revolutionized the sound of east and west coast radio in the '60's. See you on the radio! Thanks! John

greg jones
09-06-2016, 09:32 PM
Am listening to the broadcast. It's taking me back to my youth as well.

Did You grow up in Boston, John ?

I grew up in Chicago in the '60's and St. Louis in the '70's. My early youth was listening to the rivalry in Chicago of WLS and WCFL. I tended most of the time to listen to WLS. Partly because one of it's dj's, Bernie Allen, lived across the street from me. Would spend hours at his house listening to the promos of what was being released that week. Would occasionally listen to WCFL, because that Station originated the Chickenman shows.

I enjoy looking at the Radio Surveys of the '60's and '70's stations. Interesting on this one that Petula's Cat In The Window had just been released. Too bad it didn't do better than it did because it cancelled the rest of the recording sessions for her with Bonner-Gordon and the anticipated album.