View Full Version : Velvelettes at R&B Hall Of Fame

test

theboyfromxtown
09-01-2016, 03:22 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I71qgsSbuDA&list=TLcrZaC9BHmtQwMTA5MjAxNg

Beautiful quality too

marv2
09-01-2016, 03:30 AM
They always sound great. Still sound like they did on the original recording.

Sharpmoves
09-01-2016, 05:29 AM
Wow! That bluesy off-stage opening is worthy of Aretha. They sound and look great, and what a difference an extra voice makes to the background vocals. They are Really Sayin' Somethin'. Wonderful. Thanks for posting this TBFXT, and for tending this particular flame so dillegently.

soulwally
09-01-2016, 07:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I71qgsSbuDA&list=TLcrZaC9BHmtQwMTA5MjAxNg

Beautiful quality too
Fabulous, fabulous. John, what's the left to right of the girls, with Cal obviously right.
They're one of only a few hit-making groups of the 60s with the original line-up still alive, and performing regularly.
The UK's Hollies are all survivors, with original Tony Hicks and drummer Bobby Elliott, who's been with them more than 50 years, still touring constantly.
Any others spring to mind?

theboyfromxtown
09-01-2016, 08:54 AM
The line up is ALWAYS the same

L-R Bertha - Norma - Milly....and Cal starts on the right and moves across the stage. Cal also directs the orchestra.

theboyfromxtown
09-01-2016, 09:20 AM
Wow! That bluesy off-stage opening is worthy of Aretha. They sound and look great, and what a difference an extra voice makes to the background vocals. They are Really Sayin' Somethin'. Wonderful. Thanks for posting this TBFXT, and for tending this particular flame so dillegently.

It sometimes upsets me a little that they are still so under rated because they are still on top of their game. I love them.

Laserdk
09-01-2016, 10:33 AM
It sometimes upsets me a little that they are still so under rated because they are still on top of their game. I love them.

Couldn't agree with you more John. The ladies are still absolutely brilliant!!

Ivor

captainjames
09-01-2016, 12:34 PM
Oh I love it
Thanks John for sharing.

arr&bee
09-01-2016, 06:24 PM
Lookin an soundin good as ever.

marv2
09-02-2016, 07:05 PM
Lookin an soundin good as ever.

The prove you can remain friends throughout the decades.