PDA

View Full Version : Aretha Franklin: Heath Problem 'Has Been Resolved'

test

skooldem1
01-06-2011, 08:22 PM
Aretha Franklin: Heath Problem 'Has Been Resolved'

by Jason Lipshutz, N.Y.

Aretha Franklin has granted another brief interview about her unspecified illness that required surgery last month, telling JET magazine that the health problem, while still undisclosed, "has been resolved."

"I am not one to do a lot of talking about my personal health or business," says the 68-year-old singer, who won't confirm rumors that she was treated for pancreatic cancer. "I don't have to talk about my health with anybody other than my doctors. The problem has been resolved."

Aretha Franklin: 'I Feel Great'

Franklin says that she felt "a very hard pain in my side" during a concert in Toronto last year, and that she believed that the pain had resulted from a recent colonoscopy. "I got up at 2 o'clock in the morning and called the doctor who did the colonoscopy and told him what was happening," she says. "He said, 'Miss Franklin, whatever it is, it is not from the colonoscopy. You need to come home and have a CAT-scan.' Thank God he said that because that unfolded everything, what the problem was and everything."

Franklin underwent surgery at a Detroit hospital in early December and was discharged on Dec. 15. The singer canceled all of her concerts through spring 2011 and was told to rest at home for eight weeks following the surgery.

The famously private Franklin told JET that she wanted to use the most recent interview to update her fans and express her gratitude for their support. "I know my fans are concerned," she says. "Let them know I am feeling great and coming along."

http://www.billboard.com/news/aretha-franklin-heath-problem-has-been-resolved-1004138224.story#/news/aretha-franklin-heath-problem-has-been-resolved-1004138224.story

jillfoster
01-06-2011, 08:28 PM
Translation, she wants to be left alone in her dying days. Mark my words. That recent weight loss is from the cancer.

abfan
01-06-2011, 08:34 PM
jill foster wow shes not dying...its enough already dead,,give her some hope

olamaebarto
01-06-2011, 08:54 PM
Translation, she wants to be left alone in her dying days. Mark my words. That recent weight loss is from the cancer.

Well I hope you're wrong, dear.

midnightman
01-06-2011, 11:11 PM
@jill, I for one don't believe that she wants to "die alone". She has people in her corner. In fact if the tabloids are to be believed, she did have to be re-hospitalized and people were right there to call for help. Apparently she was dehydrated and needed some IVs and was later released.

jillfoster
01-06-2011, 11:37 PM
@jill, I for one don't believe that she wants to "die alone". She has people in her corner. In fact if the tabloids are to be believed, she did have to be re-hospitalized and people were right there to call for help. Apparently she was dehydrated and needed some IVs and was later released.

I said nothing about her dying alone...... just not dying in the "public eye".

midnightman
01-06-2011, 11:45 PM
I said nothing about her dying alone...... just not dying in the "public eye".

I see. I think Aretha still has trust issues with the media. Big thing about this, she hasn't even denied the cancer reports, meaning "well people are telling but I'm not going to". She hasn't trusted the media since, like, 1968.

sunshineonacloudyday
01-06-2011, 11:54 PM

IF a person had pancreatic cancer, they quite likely would have a "Whipple Procedure", where a large portion of the stomach and small intestine is surgically removed--in and of itself, resulting in considerable weight loss.

Though without knowing the facts, everything is speculation. However, Aretha Franklin is openly grateful for our prayers. I'm praying...

jobeterob
01-07-2011, 12:13 AM
I think all three of you are right.

A considerable part of my practice involves people that are ill and have limited life expectancies. No one wants to be alone when they are ill; they all want to make amends; they all want comfort and love.

My neighbour died of pancreatic cancer; he had the whipple procedure. It was all brief; they said he might have two years or five years if he had the whipple; he had a couple of months in reality.

I fear Jill is right. We should all do what we can for Aretha, hope, pray etc. Jill is very straightforward. I hope his straightforwardness and bluntness is wrong here. But...........

midnightman
01-07-2011, 01:05 AM
^ Yeah Aretha's statements are making me uneasy. :[[ But I'm sure all she wants is for us to continue to pray for her recovery. :) *praying*

daviddesper
01-07-2011, 01:30 AM
Although Jill's post was undeniably blunt, I fear she is probably right. Given the combination of Aretha's age and weight, I just can't imagine her having very much power to resist something as devastating as pancreatic cancer. I would like to be proven wrong, but I fear she is fighting a losing battle.

midnightman
01-07-2011, 01:57 AM
Gotta give credit to Ree though, regardless of how we feel, she is really a trooper.

carlo
01-07-2011, 06:57 PM
Aretha is a woman of faith, just like I consider myself to be a man of faith. When you're a person of faith, that means you rely on the Lord and His Truth and do not put your faith in the reports of the doctors. It doesn't mean "being in denial", although it may sound like that. It means acknowledging and trusting in the Lord. He says in His Word we are healed, so even if a doctor says you have this or that ailment, at the end of the day, you know that you are healed. It does not mean to ignore a doctor's advice or whatever. It means that even though they say I have this condition or ailment, I will not accept it or acknowledge it. It means not losing hope or having despair over "the circumstance", because "the circumstance" is in God's hands and He is in control. We do not really know what is ailing Aretha, but what I do know is that she puts her faith in the Lord. She is not worrying because she knows her help comes from above. So I will not worry either. At the end of the day, the Lord has the final say...not the doctors and not the media. PERIOD. AMEN.

marv2
01-07-2011, 08:27 PM
Aretha is a woman of faith, just like I consider myself to be a man of faith. When you're a person of faith, that means you rely on the Lord and His Truth and do not put your faith in the reports of the doctors. It doesn't mean "being in denial", although it may sound like that. It means acknowledging and trusting in the Lord. He says in His Word we are healed, so even if a doctor says you have this or that ailment, at the end of the day, you know that you are healed. It does not mean to ignore a doctor's advice or whatever. It means that even though they say I have this condition or ailment, I will not accept it or acknowledge it. It means not losing hope or having despair over "the circumstance", because "the circumstance" is in God's hands and He is in control. We do not really know what is ailing Aretha, but what I do know is that she puts her faith in the Lord. She is not worrying because she knows her help comes from above. So I will not worry either. At the end of the day, the Lord has the final say...not the doctors and not the media. PERIOD. AMEN.

Amen Carlo!

midnightman
01-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Yeah, carlo, like I said she's a trooper.

skooldem1
01-07-2011, 10:51 PM
Just a couple of things. Was her health problem ever really confirmed? Even if the rumors are true, what I got out of the interview was that yes she is private. But she has always been. Most importantly she said she had a health concern and she thought it might be related to something else so she had the doctor check it out right away. Many people find out things too late. I believe that she was lucky enough to catch whatever ails her, early enough to have great results. She said its been taken care of and I believe her.

nomis
01-08-2011, 09:49 AM
this thing killed my Grand Mother.granted she didnt have access to the top care Aretha will be getting but a warning - this kind of cancer spreads quickly..she probably needs time to get her head together..she said as much to Jet...My family was never the same after we lost her..I remember parties and get togethers when she was alive..I was only about 8 when she left us..as a heavy smoker myself I fear cancer myself..but we all have to have faith in the lord and Aretha certainly does I pray she beats this thing...
And Carlo I think your faith in the Lord is a wonderful thing you share with us x

jboy88
01-08-2011, 12:41 PM
Just a couple of things. Was her health problem ever really confirmed? Even if the rumors are true, what I got out of the interview was that yes she is private. But she has always been. Most importantly she said she had a health concern and she thought it might be related to something else so she had the doctor check it out right away. Many people find out things too late. I believe that she was lucky enough to catch whatever ails her, early enough to have great results. She said its been taken care of and I believe her.

I too believe that that was the very case! But at the same time, I have to be aware of the fact that the problem could return!
The thought of losing aretha is something that noone wants to to entertian. but at the end of the ay it's all in God's hands.

midnightman
01-08-2011, 02:51 PM
Even with this good news, it's still gonna be a while before Aretha is back in action again. Remember, back in November, her doctors told her to hold off from doing any professional stuff until May.

carlo
01-08-2011, 09:49 PM
And Carlo I think your faith in the Lord is a wonderful thing you share with us x

Thank you, Nomis! God Bless you.