PDA

View Full Version : diana ross and the supremes greatest hits vol 1 and 2

test

franjoy56
08-30-2016, 09:12 PM
The 2 record supremes grestest hits package the first of its kind at motown was released august 29, 1967. It was a bigger hit than supremes a g go selling over 5 million. Does anyone know since flo had been fired a month earlier @nd was not entitled to any royalties on future supremes releasess, would that exclude this release since it was not a new release would she be entitled to royalties from this album when it came out in aug 67 every cut except ychl had her vocals on it. I know she signed a horrible release but thats beside the point.

reese
08-30-2016, 09:34 PM
I would think all royalties ceased once Flo signed her agreement leaving Motown.

franjoy56
08-30-2016, 09:43 PM
The release was in 1968 february, but t initial meeting was jul 26 67 that was not t official release andmt record came out before her release in 68 im going to contact peter b her biogrspher. I read michael roshkind t motown henchman was cited for tax evasion.

marv2
08-30-2016, 10:00 PM
The release was in 1968 february, but t initial meeting was jul 26 67 that was not t official release andmt record came out before her release in 68 im going to contact peter b her biogrspher. I read michael roshkind t motown henchman was cited for tax evasion.

I do not believe Flo received any royalties from that album. When she signed her release documents that day with Roshkind, she essentially signed away future royalties for a lump sum [[which was not fair or adequate at all!).

Mike Roshkind has been seriously ill. I dislike him very much.

franjoy56
08-30-2016, 10:52 PM
Flo should hsve insisted on royalties from that release since it was already in t works when she was fired it contains the groups whole hit catalog w her vocals and that was a shame that july 26 meeting was a horror story 15,000 and a plum rose cadillac forr an original supreme.

marv2
08-30-2016, 11:19 PM
Flo should hsve insisted on royalties from that release since it was already in t works when she was fired it contains the groups whole hit catalog w her vocals and that was a shame that july 26 meeting was a horror story 15,000 and a plum rose cadillac forr an original supreme.

Not to worry. The responsible parties are going to pay for it.

franjoy56
08-30-2016, 11:30 PM
Not to worry. The responsible parties are going to pay for it. thanks marvin for t assurance. Reading peters book again was upsetting to me.

marv2
08-31-2016, 08:38 AM
thanks marvin for t assurance. Reading peters book again was upsetting to me.

You're welcome Fran.

Motown Eddie
09-03-2016, 06:26 AM
The 2 record supremes grestest hits package the first of its kind at motown was released august 29, 1967. It was a bigger hit than supremes a g go selling over 5 million. Does anyone know since flo had been fired a month earlier @nd was not entitled to any royalties on future supremes releasess, would that exclude this release since it was not a new release would she be entitled to royalties from this album when it came out in aug 67 every cut except ychl had her vocals on it. I know she signed a horrible release but thats beside the point.

The 2 record set, Diana Ross & the Supremes' "Greatest Hits" was not quite a first of it's kind for Motown. The first 2 record set issued by the company was The Miracles' "Greatest Hits From The Beginning" in 1965.