PDA

View Full Version : Love Child Lyric Question

test

imakicola
08-30-2016, 02:21 PM
In the originally recorded ANDANTES version [[I doubt what I hear from Mary and Cindy as evident in the Forever Came Today thread), it sounds like the BACKUP SINGERS are singing:

Chorus 1
Love child, never meant to be
Love child, born in poverty
Love child, take a look at me

Chorus 2
Love child, wait...wait won't you wait now
Love child scorned by society
Love child different from ... Ooh

Chorus 3
Hold on just a little bit longer
[[Repeated)

Is the word after "wait won't you wait" actually "now"?

Ot is it "love" or something else? I honestly can't tell and M&C sound like they sing "now" in live versions. On Glee [[which is obviously not reliable but maybe they have better access to official lyrics) it sounds like "love."

Can anyone tell me please? Thanks :)!!!

motownjohnny
08-31-2016, 04:33 PM
Hi, I hope this helps:

https://play.google.com/music/preview/Tr7satkmjto6pg4yuids47ihxey?lyrics=1&utm_source=google&utm_medium=search&utm_campaign=lyrics&pcampaignid=kp-lyrics

imakicola
08-31-2016, 06:44 PM
No it doesn't help :[[ because that link doesn't even *have* the backup vocal lyrics and that's what I'm looking for!

captainjames
09-01-2016, 12:22 PM
I believe this is it;
[[Wait, won't you wait now)
Love child, [[scorned by) society
Love child, always second best
[[Wait, won't you wait now)
Love child, [[different from) different from the rest

smallworld
09-01-2016, 02:58 PM
I've just listened to the stripped back version a fan put together from the stems [[skip to about 1:33): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCb3VSLX38U. It sounds to me like they're singing "Wait, wait won't you wake up", which makes sense with the rest of lyric, considering the narrator is schooling their lover about the realities of bringing a child into the world with no planning or suitable support in place.

imakicola
09-03-2016, 02:55 AM
So some say "wait won't you wait now" [[like Mary and Cindy and other backup singers sing it) and others say "wait won't you wake up" [[which sounds closest to what the Andantes sing)....arg so frustrating Lol. Thanks a lot :)!!!

marybrewster
09-07-2016, 01:02 PM
I thought it was:

"Wait, won't you wait now, hold on!"

imakicola
09-07-2016, 01:54 PM
It's hard because mary and Cindy often sang different things than the Andantes. Like forever came today where they omit half of the backing lyrics!