PDA

View Full Version : A Reunion For A Phenomenal Fee

test

jobeterob
01-05-2011, 06:59 PM
ABBA's Agnetha Faltskog talks potential reunion

D.I.S.H.
Meanwhile, betting house takes 10-1 odds ABBA will record new material in the next year

After decades of speculation, it looks like Swedish pop group ABBA may consider reuniting, but only for a good cause.

Singer Agnetha Faltskog told M Magazine that while she has not discussed reforming the band with her ex-husband Bjorn Ulvaeus, Annie-Frid Prinzessin Reuss von Plauen and Benny Andersson, she is open to the idea.

She says, 'A reunion, an occasional opportunity, maybe in connection with a charity event, I believe we could consider it. We would not reunite for a tour like the Rolling Stones and other old bands do now.

'However, I could see us doing something together in the future. It is just a feeling I have that it would be fun to get together, talk a bit about the past and maybe perform together.'

UK betting house Ladbrokes is currently offering 10-to-1 odds on ABBA recording a new studio album with new songs in 2011. It is also offering 66-to-1 odds of the group performing live at Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding in April of this year.

ABBA, who last performed together in 1982, has maintained their popularity through the hit musical Mamma Mia!.

In 2000 the group was reportedly offered a huge sum of money to perform a number of concerts. According to ABBA-World.net, the initial news story cited the offer at 1 billion SEK [[Swedish kronor), equivalent of roughly US$140,000,000. ABBA-world says broken telephone-style media reporting had it inflated to 1 billion US dollars [[almost 9 billion SEK) by the following day — and it was this number that was reported by international wire services.

Story provided by the Dish Information Corporation

stephanie
01-05-2011, 09:44 PM
It must be for charity they dont need the money they are as rich as Garth Brooks.

nomis
01-08-2011, 09:57 AM
I dont think it will happen...the other three members are currently not speaking to Agnetha..theres deep anger there that she has stopped them performing together..and all the millions that has gone down he drain due to her refusal to do a reunion..but its her call and we can all change our minds on things...its so sad that she brought joy to millions of people and yet found Abba a miserable experience for her self..Diana Ross is the same shes angry at how hard Berry worked her in the Supremes.. I guess the gruelling tours Abba and The Supremes went through leaves heavy emotional scars,,very sad.

jillfoster
01-09-2011, 03:46 AM
This will be interesting. It seemed like she wouldn't even pose for a picture with them, now she's talking reunion? Hopefully she's lightening up. Just a bit of fascianting Abba trivia. We all know "Ring Ring" lost the bid to be Sweden's 1973 entry for the Eurovision contest, well I just heard that song that won out over "Ring Ring". it's quite unusual... especially the lyrics. But the ending is lovely, and the guys are HOT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBHjolc5y5g&feature=related

arrr&bee
01-11-2011, 12:48 PM
Abba broke up???

topdiva1
01-11-2011, 04:00 PM
Some of these Divas need to get a life - they are only singing songs - it does not require all that - and as this thread is about ABBA - Ag alone is not ABBA - just one angry ole Diva, and please leave other artist out.

PLEASE.

luke
01-11-2011, 04:06 PM
Free speech?? Why dont they just replace Ag? What about that Motownism no one person is bigger than the whole group? For the group and tons of fans Ag aint worth it.

topdiva1
01-14-2011, 05:39 PM
It must be for charity they dont need the money they are as rich as Garth Brooks.

Ag wants the reunion NOW because she is down to her last million or so - suddenly she is ready to eat crow and hit the road. These Divas never stop - greed and grandness - has nothing to do with simply singing a song - Good God!

jobeterob
01-14-2011, 06:21 PM
While I doubt any of the Abba group members will end up destitute, I shudder every time I see another Facebook or other posting asking for money for the funeral of a member of a singing group. Generally, it doesn't seem to be a profession that provides much for retirement ~ either the saving is too little, or the spending is too great or they just NEVER earn enough.